Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fish tanks/aquariums

Yoda mom

Staff member
Rest In Peace Choo Choo . I know he is just a fish to many but he really was special .

I adopted full grown Choo Choo when my father died in July two years ago . I grew up fishing with my dad on our boat on Long Island’s great South Bay . We often caught and released many sand sharks ...
My dad worked fo the railroad amd I spent many trips on trains to the city with him and out to Montauk.
So I named this little peaceful fun interactive fella Choo Choo.

This morning Choo Choo got his little fish wings .. ironically the same time of the month I was at my dads bedside ...

Miss ya little Choo Choo

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww. Do you have any pictures of Choo Choo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
509209BE-2A1C-4ACF-8617-180D061E621C.jpeg
0BBE5EE8-65B3-4B4F-8C3F-D4776427F345.jpeg
509209BE-2A1C-4ACF-8617-180D061E621C.jpeg
@Sheldon13
I walk by the tank and miss him swimming up to meet me ... he had soo much personality
.. he would play even roll around his little favorite shell like a dog ..always made me smile ..
The other fish in the tank are pretty but no personality like my little fella .. (he was actually 6 inches and at least 8 years old .. he was a rehome orphan )

Everyone was surprised that he was soo docile for a red tail because usually they eat their tank mates.
His bestie was the angelicus loach ..they would sleep side by side .

Swim free Choo Choo!

Last edited:

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
View attachment 94211View attachment 94212View attachment 94211@Sheldon13
I walk by the tank and miss him swimming up to meet me ... he had soo much personality
.. he would play even roll around his little favorite shell like a dog ..always made me smile ..
The other fish in the tank are pretty but no personality like my little fella .. (he was actually 6 inches and at least 8 years old .. he was a rehome orphan )

Everyone was surprised that he was soo docile for a red tail because usually they eat their tank mates.
His bestie was the angelicus loach ..they would sleep side by side .

Swim free Choo Choo!
He looks sweet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 he was such a good happy boy ....
was never mean to any of the fish
There will never be another red tail shark like him.
Will not be getting another . He was one of a kind .

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Anita Eccleston API Master Test Kits are a life saver for testing & adjusting water!

@Yoda mom Ill try to remember to get photos when my new hood is installed! The adults are similar to the juvies, but their face looks more like a grumpy toad now, lol.

I’d say, care of axies is a slight step above beginner level (betta fish). The most important thing with them is the water quality! Once you have a cycled tank & established colony of good bacteria growing, it’s super simple. Sorry to hear about your Choo choo fish. He was super cute!