Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fish tanks/aquariums

Sheldon13

Staff member
I thought it would be fun to have a thread here for those of us who keep aquatic creatures. This is my 29. A little sparse at the moment but there you have it.
0889e4466dfa9b346a05847450d8aa61.jpg

This is my figure 8 puffer, “Ocho,” my favorite little fish man, in my brackish setup.
fc139d7323b3980e3350429d959c5890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 Wow great thread !
I miss my lil green spotted puffer ! Love the moss balls and plants!

@k9guy Oooh can’t wait to see the cichlids in your new great tank! They are gorgeous fish

I used to have salt water tanks and seahorses but now being in Florida I decided on freshwater.. here I choo choo a rehomed 6 inch red tail ...

He
851F24F9-FC6F-4A18-A230-BD14E1002A9E.jpeg
FE4BA968-9988-444C-9FE3-259AF19483E4.jpeg
E081D8B5-1C4D-47A7-AF78-83A0E95B0957.jpeg
was rehomed bcz cichlids picked on him . He is sooo good being in a community tank . Usually not the case with these red tails
Bought the kittles a tank to fish watch instead of adding to the basket of toys

Junior418

Lairian
Wow guys what beautiful tanks!!! I miss having fish tanks! But they are just such an up keep... salt water were always my favorite but always had freshwater... loved going to fish farms... would always find a nice surprise to take home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy wow! Love the set up! Gorgeous cichlids!

Do you use Seachem Prime ? Purigen bags in the filter ?
My two favorites !
I have a piece of driftwood in my tank for a whiptail catfish ( looks like a little dinosaur stick fish )
I found these two items really helped with tannins .

@Sheldon13 hows little Ocho ?
I love the group of moss balls in your other tank !

@alandsim if you do start a tank ... be sure to cycle it first which can take weeks
(Lots of info online and reputable fish stores can explain properly cycling a tank .
Or more likely than not you will have fish fatalities .

Sheldon13

Staff member

Ocho is great! He really enjoys his dinners. Of course snails are his favorite. Last night I gave him live daphnia I’ve been culturing and he ate them up like a little piggy and had a ponch when he was done! He’s a greedy greedy little piggy boy.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Staceyxxx lol I got them a fish tank for entertainment instead more cat toys that end up in a basket lol

The first year they were very interested
Now they like to sit on the lid! Or try to help me when I do water changes

They kitties are most interactive with my little Betta amd two corydoras in a 6 gallon tank .
Picked it bcz of the cat proof reviews

The Betta actually is very interactive swimming over to watch the cats and their tails lol

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 awhhh Puffers are soo cool and interactive ... had no luck with my last two .
My current 55 tank was originally set up for my one figure 8 puffer

Think they were sick when I got them which is not uncommon :(
Miss my puffers! Have to live vicariously Thru you and Ocho :)

k9guy

Lairian
@k9guy wow! Love the set up! Gorgeous cichlids!

Do you use Seachem Prime ? Purigen bags in the filter ?
My two favorites !
I have a piece of driftwood in my tank for a whiptail catfish ( looks like a little dinosaur stick fish )
I found these two items really helped with tannins .

@alandsim if you do start a tank ... be sure to cycle it first which can take weeks
(Lots of info online and reputable fish stores can explain properly cycling a tank .
Or more likely than not you will have fish fatalities .
We use RO water and then add cichlid salt, etc. to get the water just like they like it.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yoda mom Yes still have Rocket & Flex! We use Seachem Prime over here too! I’m actually needing to do tank tuneup this weekend & replace their light & give it some more “life.”

We thought Rocket was a girl... but now I think they both maybe boys bc they’ve never mated!! Flex is obviously a boy... Rocket is... not as well endowed I guess. :ROFLMAO:

4C612990-C01A-4F2C-8DBE-A09520A9E555.jpeg
1EC7626D-6108-4511-AB8D-F8D560E1F4C1.jpeg

These are old photos.... unfortunately, neither aged very gracefully. They look much less like Pokémon now @ 3+ years old.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Yoda mom Yes still have Rocket & Flex! We use Seachem Prime over here too! I’m actually needing to do tank tuneup this weekend & replace their light & give it some more “life.”

We thought Rocket was a girl... but now I think they both maybe boys bc they’ve never mated!! Flex is obviously a boy... Rocket is... not as well endowed I guess. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 94123View attachment 94124

These are old photos.... unfortunately, neither aged very gracefully. They look much less like Pokémon now @ 3+ years old.

The smile is so CUTE!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Staceyxxx lol I got them a fish tank for entertainment instead more cat toys that end up in a basket lol

The first year they were very interested
Now they like to sit on the lid! Or try to help me when I do water changes

They kitties are most interactive with my little Betta amd two corydoras in a 6 gallon tank .
Picked it bcz of the cat proof reviews

The Betta actually is very interactive swimming over to watch the cats and their tails lol
Thanks yoda mom

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I thought it would be fun to have a thread here for those of us who keep aquatic creatures. This is my 29. A little sparse at the moment but there you have it.
0889e4466dfa9b346a05847450d8aa61.jpg

This is my figure 8 puffer, “Ocho,” my favorite little fish man, in my brackish setup.
fc139d7323b3980e3350429d959c5890.jpg

Love love love yer ickle puffer !
I haven’t been able to keep tropical fish in this house / area ! The water just doesn’t suit and I just can’t get it right ! I do love your tank !
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Sheldon13

Staff member
Love love love yer ickle puffer !
I haven’t been able to keep tropical fish in this house / area ! The water just doesn’t suit and I just can’t get it right ! I do love your tank !
XxxXxx

Aww thanks. What’s up with your water? Maybe you need to look at different fish? Like if it’s really alkaline you can still keep cichlids and some others.

Back