Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fling-Ama-String toy

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
DOES ANYONE HERE IN THE LAIR HAVE THAT NEW CAT TOY CALLED FLING-AMA-STRING? I'M WONDERING IF CATS REALLY DO GO BONKERS FOR IT.​

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I don't have one but here's a link where you can check it out and read some reviews...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Moody-Pet-Fling-ama-string-Cat-Toy/dp/B001MVDCY2"]Amazon.com: Moody Pet Fling-ama-string Cat Toy: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZZQqIgIUL.@@AMEPARAM@@41ZZQqIgIUL[/ame]

I do have this one...I just tucked it under some things so it sticks out the side of a bookshelf. It was cheap and she's played with it for months and it still peaks her interest. I didn't realize how simple it was when I bought it but you could probably make your own with some wire and then attaching something to the end of it...like those crinkle-sounding balls or something...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Dancer-CAT-DANCER-ORIGINAL/dp/B0006N9I68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1302639065&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: CAT DANCER ORIGINAL: Home & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xuW59x-4L.@@AMEPARAM@@51xuW59x-4L[/ame]

linepp

Banned
Boris has a Fling-ama-string. He really likes it. I keep it in my home office, and only turn it on for him every few days so he doesn't get tired of it. He also has the cat-dancer toy, which is great too. But his favorite toy of all is a Zoom-o disc launcher. He goes crazy for it every time, fetches the discs and brings it back... and I have to put it away when he is tired because he just won't quit!!!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I gave Izmae a mouse on a bungee string the very day I got her
which was 3 yrs. ago, and it is the only toy she has that she will really play with.
She gets it all through the day and night, and it goes to bed with us everynight.
Like Linus and his blanket.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I gave Izmae a mouse on a bungee string the very day I got her
which was 3 yrs. ago, and it is the only toy she has that she will really play with.
She gets it all through the day and night, and it goes to bed with us everynight.
Like Linus and his blanket.
Yea, I can't leave a bungee or string hanging like that, cuz' my Daschund would destroy it. He's also destroyed sooo many of their furry mice, so I bought a lot of 30 leather mice; thinking the leather would be tougher? Wishful thinking.:Angry:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got Lemmy a Fling ama String and he tore it up in less than 24 hours. I was not that impressed by the quality of the product. Just my own opinion and observation.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I don't have one but here's a link where you can check it out and read some reviews...

Amazon.com: Moody Pet Fling-ama-string Cat Toy: Kitchen & Dining

I do have this one...I just tucked it under some things so it sticks out the side of a bookshelf. It was cheap and she's played with it for months and it still peaks her interest. I didn't realize how simple it was when I bought it but you could probably make your own with some wire and then attaching something to the end of it...like those crinkle-sounding balls or something...

Amazon.com: CAT DANCER ORIGINAL: Home & Garden

Thanx very much for the links!:BigSmile:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Boris has a Fling-ama-string. He really likes it. I keep it in my home office, and only turn it on for him every few days so he doesn't get tired of it. He also has the cat-dancer toy, which is great too. But his favorite toy of all is a Zoom-o disc launcher. He goes crazy for it every time, fetches the discs and brings it back... and I have to put it away when he is tired because he just won't quit!!!
Zoom-o-disc launcher? I'm getting a visual. Isn't it a toy for kids? I think I put those in my sons' Easter baskets when they were little. Its a plastic gun that shoots colored foam discs, right?:BigSmile:

linepp

Banned
Zoom-o-disc launcher? I'm getting a visual. Isn't it a toy for kids? I think I put those in my sons' Easter baskets when they were little. Its a plastic gun that shoots colored foam discs, right?:BigSmile:
It is a toy for kids!! Mine shoots plastic discs, but I think there is a model that shoots foam balls too. Its available at ToysR Us and Amazon..... my cat goes crazy for it.. my daughter has one for her cats and its the same for them!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It is a toy for kids!! Mine shoots plastic discs, but I think there is a model that shoots foam balls too. Its available at ToysR Us and Amazon..... my cat goes crazy for it.. my daughter has one for her cats and its the same for them!
Ooh, I'll pick 1 up for my kitties eventually & let you know what happens. Thanx for confirming.:BigSmile:

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have a fling-a-ma-string. The cats love it. I keep it on a door handle and turn it on now and then. We've had it for almost 3 years and it looks still like new.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I got Lemmy a Fling ama String and he tore it up in less than 24 hours. I was not that impressed by the quality of the product. Just my own opinion and observation.
Yes, toys don't seem to last very long in my house either:ThumbsDown: thanx for sharing.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have a fling-a-ma-string. The cats love it. I keep it on a door handle and turn it on now and then. We've had it for almost 3 years and it looks still like new.
Hmm, another posted that their cat broke it in 24 hours, but Susi here says that its easy to fix. Thanx for sharing:BigSmile: