Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Foaming and Breathless.

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Guys!
I have had the worst evening ever after my baby suddenly starting struggling for his breath and being sick a foam type texture aswell as what looked like cat food!
Sorry...
Also had a episode of foaming from his mouth which was so scary
He is only 7 and never ever had any problems since I got him at 6 weeks old
I automatically rushed him to the vet hospital where he is now in ICU For pets on oxygen, the last update was 2 hours ago and he was breathing better and was settled.
They will be performing tests on him like bloods and scans ect.
Anyone else had anything similar?
I am so scared and heartbroken!

Yoda mom

Staff member
here for you and your boy with a lair full of prayers and positive vibes for his test results and speedy recovery.

is there any chance he ingested plants etc?
have them check his mouth/teeth issues?

we are here for you (((((hugs)))))) and prayers
following closely for updates

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They say 1 side of his heart is enlarged but they do not have the equipment to do the gill heart scan so I have to go to another vets for that, but I'm hoping it maybe is just something that was a one off, stress? Something like this? And made his heart large!
Maybe I just keep trying to convince myself but I'm not sure I'm just hoping its something and nothing.
The next few weeks are crucial if he responds to his new medicine hope everything will be ok, I feel so sick and lost!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I know the news is devastating to hear. Just remember your baby knows nothing but your love. Let us know what meds they prescribe and know we are hear for you and hope for positive updates.

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I know the news is devastating to hear. Just remember your baby knows nothing but your love. Let us know what meds they prescribe and know we are hear for you and hope for positive updates.
I will thankyou they said he is settled and comfortable his respiratory rate is a little higher than yesterday but maybe because he has been messed with why they did the tests through the night and this morning, hopefully caught it sooner rather than later and can get him on the mend so he can have a good quality of life with the right medication prescribed xx

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
20190928_205814.jpg
this is Ozzie❤

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yeah he is my baby! :((
I dont think I have cried so many tears in my whole life I just cannot seem to get my head around this.
Surely they wouldnt discharge him from the pet hospital if he was not doing good.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Did they say it was congestive heart failure? If so they usually try to get the water off. Many bounce back well the first time. Stay positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JCWaellner

Lairian
Does he tend to cough? A lot of CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) furbabies cough or kind of wheeze between breaths. The animal hospital won’t release him unless they know he is better I promise you that from working at one. Also don’t fear a heart diagnoses, many animals can live years after being diagnosed with something. Hugs.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@JessicaRosexo sending lair prayers for Handsome Ozzie and (((big hugs ))))to you..

we are here for you, you have the support of the lair family who truly understands.
So many of us have had our babies with heart issues.
keep us updated often. as mentioned, many kitties are on heart meds all their lives into senior years! stay positive.

((hugs)))) and head smooches to Ozzie... he is a very dapper handsome boy!
he looks like a sweet soulful bestie! what is his favorite toy ?silliest quirk? that makes you smile ear to ear?
he only knows your love and has no idea he has heart issues. give him big head smooches from us.
please please keep us updated.. all paws are lair family.

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Did they say it was congestive heart failure? If so they usually try to get the water off. Many bounce back well the first time. Stay positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They no sure but some form of heart disease he is home now he is absolutely fine in himself he is on 2 lots of medication for a week back on Thursday to have a ultra sound to see what exactly the problem is, he has just eaten a full pouch of food so he can not be that bad now compared to how he was last night.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Chiming in late. Glad to hear he's back home with you and is doing better. Hope the meds will help him to feel better. All fingers and paws crossed for the heart scan next week.
Sending lots of positive vibes.
Ozzie is a very handsome cutie!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hey there. Wanted to chime in too. Please don’t get your hopes up, but you mentioned something above about it being a one off thing, I can tell you this is a possibility. Sometimes it can be a simple virus that needs to run its course. To be honest though, that is much less likely than actual heart disease.

However

As stated above, this is not a death sentence. You caught it early. He has every chance of living years more with routine treatment. Don’t despair.

Also as stated above, he has no idea he is sick. This is much harder on you, who knows what is happening, than your sweet little boy.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have detected it for sure early maybe he has had it years but at the critical stage I have rushed him to the vets and he is now stable... fingers crossed he stays this way!

Eating well since coming home so another pretty good sign I hope.

He has a ultrasound next week to detect the exact problem, hoping something that can be treated with medication and give him a good quality of life.
I think everyone panicks when heart failure is mentioned but this I agree doesnt mean oh dear death will he here within a matter of weeks(maybe, maybe not) but he seems to be doing well so far after being hospitalised and again hopefully it's something I have caught early.

He goes away I follow him, I don't want to leave his side!

Back