Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Food issue.

Alon

Lairian
Hey all.

My cat he's being Bolemi .
He keep eating sometime until he puke.
He eats everything that move, some time things that don't like rubber band or god knows what.
Also when he go outside he hunt everthing lizzerd birds, anything that move. Even going to my big dogs place, stealing food and risking his life .
Anyway other than that, he's bowl of food is always full. He never get to feel hungry but still eating with no stop

Jumping on the table looking for leftovers,

So you get the point. The other day he was sitting on me and start vomiting on me. He had so much **i* inside of him.

I tried slow feeding bowl but he looked so miserable trying to eat from the that, so I changed back.

He's about 3 years old and was always like this. I have to say, hes not fat or something, he's 4 kg , it's about 8.818 pounds. He run all day outside climbing trees. It's like a jungle for a lion lol.

Any idea what to do?
Thanks

Last edited:

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What kind of food are you feeding him? And he was like this from day one? Did his breeder mention anything to you about this? Have you had him seen by a vet? Blood tests might show something, if he is deficient in something.

He's beautiful, by the way.

Alon

Lairian
Thank you!
The food name until today is Regal kitten bites. I guess he's not a kitten anymore. Today I changed it to Summit original indoor cat recipe all lige stages
Yes from day one
Breather didn't say anything maybe I should contact them.
I do take him to the vet for vaccine and anything that vet tells me i do.
I don't think they ever took a blood test. But than again I don't think I ever told her about that. Just thought he's hungry.

Alon

Lairian
Also, most time it's look like he doesn't take a bit and bite first, looks like he open his mouth, take in as much as he can and swallow.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphyxnlair. Your boy is very handsome and adorable. With 4 kg he's not fat at all. If he has access to food all day and is still hungry and trying to steal food everywhere I would let him check by the vet to make sure all is right.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Alon , welcome to the lair family ! Your boy is very handsome!
Keep us updated often .. Let us know what his vet says
I had a Bengal years ago that was ferocious about food and would try to swipe chicken right out of my hand -
I nicknamed him chicken hawk!

All paws crossed all is fine medically with your boy!
Look forward to Positve updates!

Alon

Lairian
I feel horrible, I took the old bag and saw the expiration date will due in 2 months from now, and it was half full.
The new bag show over a year till it will expire. And smell much better.
I made him eat bad food. And med when he was stealing .
I cant belive I didn't check for the date. Wasn't even thinking someone will sell stuff that about to expire.

He really like the new food. I swore to him from now on much smaller bags so it's refresh faster, checking the date like it's my own food. And smell it every time before I refill it

I now wish they will add the date it's been made, not just expectation date, so I can make sure it's really fresh.

I hope everyone that reads that, will now go and check the food. Do it for me please

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Alon happy to hear you found out what was causing him being hungry and steal food. This can happen to all of us so thanks for the warning.

I once had a dog who never did eat his food. And he stole everything that was eatable. After a month I did find out that a mouse jumped in his bowl, stole food and peed over the rest of the food. So of course my dog refused to eat the food. I felt awful. But we learn and do the best we can.

Oooh and what a funny cutie he is, falling asleep while washing himself:)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Alon , thank you for sharing valuable information and a great reminder for all to check expiration dates on pet food!

I also recommend storing food in air tight containers in a cool dry place .

I use " vittle vaults " for years
I actually put the actual bag inside the container.
This way you are avoiding build up oils and gunk in the plastic that can harbor germs.

Head smooches sent !
Cute pic!