Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Foster Updates

MaddieP

Lairian
Well guys. I might be getting my nakid sooner than I thought! I went to an exotics expo, and this happened. He didn't come home with me but I believe I'm going to switch breeders, and if all goes well, I should have my baby by September!

Attachments

MaddieP

Lairian
Oh yes, I didn't keep the one that had me grinning like a loon. I'm so excited to finally be getting my baby! It feels like forever since I decided to start looking seriously, and now I hopefully have under two months to go! I just put in my official app!

MaddieP

Lairian
Lots of updates!
Munchkin, or Munchie, is now neutered! Hopefully that means we will be able to officially adopt him soon.
I've started buying things for Lynnie.I bought his shampoo last week and ordered a heated bed this morning.
In other news, my baby boy Apollo passed away last night from unknown causes. I'm going to miss his attention-hogging ways, treat begging, and big ole Bassett hound ears.

Attachments

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lots of updates!
Munchkin, or Munchie, is now neutered! Hopefully that means we will be able to officially adopt him soon.
I've started buying things for Lynnie.I bought his shampoo last week and ordered a heated bed this morning.
In other news, my baby boy Apollo passed away last night from unknown causes. I'm going to miss his attention-hogging ways, treat begging, and big ole Bassett hound ears.
I am sorry you lost Apollo. It is so hard to lose a furbaby.

I started buying SOOOO much stuff months before my Sphynxie came home. I converted my daughter's old closet into the "pet closet". I have my dog'
IMG_6940.JPG
IMG_9954.JPG
s flower crowns, scarves and hair bows in there as well as a ton of cat clothes :)

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww I’m so sorry you lost your bunny friend. They can definitely be quite the characters.

I hope you are having fun doing all the shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MaddieP

Lairian
I'm going to miss him very much. My friend gave me a fig tree tonight, so I'm going to bury him underneath it in the back yard.
I am having fun buying stuff, but I'm getting very frustrated with breeders. I know it can take a while to respond, but over a week with nothing when I asked about available kittens, even with saying I'm ready to put a deposit down, seems like awhile to me. I know it's because I'm impatient and eager to get my little guy, but still...

MaddieP

Lairian
I am sorry you lost Apollo. It is so hard to lose a furbaby.

I started buying SOOOO much stuff months before my Sphynxie came home. I converted my daughter's old closet into the "pet closet". I have my dog'View attachment 94618View attachment 94619s flower crowns, scarves and hair bows in there as well as a ton of cat clothes :)
P.S. Your dog is gorgeous!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm going to miss him very much. My friend gave me a fig tree tonight, so I'm going to bury him underneath it in the back yard.
I am having fun buying stuff, but I'm getting very frustrated with breeders. I know it can take a while to respond, but over a week with nothing when I asked about available kittens, even with saying I'm ready to put a deposit down, seems like awhile to me. I know it's because I'm impatient and eager to get my little guy, but still...
No I think that is to long too. It’s actually kind of unprofessional if you ask me.

MaddieP

Lairian
No I think that is to long too. It’s actually kind of unprofessional if you ask me.

My friends that have dealt with breeders before told me it was pretty normal. I messaged again after the week was up, and got a "I'll remind her" message. Still nothing. I'm about ready to give up. The first breeder was supposed to be breeding the parents last month, but I've gotten no updates or even which Queens and Toms she bred. I was liking the second breeder because they were less expensive, with a better health guarantee and more social media presence. I'm frustrated, and losing Apollo and the stresses that come with that are killing me.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@MaddieP sorry for the loss of Apollo. What a cute furrbaby he was.
And how frustrating you don't hear from the breeder. Hugs to you

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My friends that have dealt with breeders before told me it was pretty normal. I messaged again after the week was up, and got a "I'll remind her" message. Still nothing. I'm about ready to give up. The first breeder was supposed to be breeding the parents last month, but I've gotten no updates or even which Queens and Toms she bred. I was liking the second breeder because they were less expensive, with a better health guarantee and more social media presence. I'm frustrated, and losing Apollo and the stresses that come with that are killing me.
Sounds like the second breeder is the way to go. They have all the hcm testing and follow through after purchase?

MaddieP

Lairian
From what I've heard, they seem to have great after-buying communication, though thus far I can't recommend their pre-buying communication. HCM testing they verbally confirmed at the show, but they didn't have it listed on their site. Their guarantee does cover it for 3 years.
I'm about ready to give up on them though, it seems like pulling teeth trying to get pictures and information beyond basic pricing. I'm debating trying the phone versus the facebook page.

MaddieP

Lairian
@MaddieP Thank you! I don't blame for you getting impatient with the breeder. They should want to keep in contact with you as a potential buyer!
I've emailed the first breeder to ask for updates, so hopefully she'll respond soon. I might try texting the phone number of the second breeder to see if I can get a better response that way, but I also don't want to aggravate anyone.
The heated bed came in today and I got precision q tips Saturday, so moving right along with the shopping. Only a few things left to buy at this point, and I could be getting my dude (or dudette, I've decided to open my mind a bit) in December, I think I'll wait on doing any more shopping for a bit.
Since this is about my fosters, I should mention that I have a new one; his name is Dudley, and he's a Lion/Lop rabbit of unknown age. He was from a seizure case of 150+ animals, and is pretty scared of people.

Attachments

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've emailed the first breeder to ask for updates, so hopefully she'll respond soon. I might try texting the phone number of the second breeder to see if I can get a better response that way, but I also don't want to aggravate anyone.
The heated bed came in today and I got precision q tips Saturday, so moving right along with the shopping. Only a few things left to buy at this point, and I could be getting my dude (or dudette, I've decided to open my mind a bit) in December, I think I'll wait on doing any more shopping for a bit.
Since this is about my fosters, I should mention that I have a new one; his name is Dudley, and he's a Lion/Lop rabbit of unknown age. He was from a seizure case of 150+ animals, and is pretty scared of people.
Poor bunny! Sounds like he knows neglect from humans. I am glad that you are helping him.

Good luck with the breeder! I truly hope you hear something soon!

MaddieP

Lairian
My dad likes him, and calls him Sir Dudley. Dad is nice enough to share his office with my boy Beanie and any fosters since my girl has free range in my room. I'm in the process of trying to bond Beanie and Harper and potentially get another foster if they do get along.

Thanks for the luck, I feel like I need it! I did also text breeder #2, so we shall see!

MaddieP

Lairian
Good news already! Cattery #2 texted back, and said the male I held at the show is still available! He is pink, which I can't say is my favorite Sphynx color, but I texted his wife (he gave me her number), so hopefully I'll get pictures of their available Sphynxes pretty soon!

MaddieP

Lairian
Boy. We hit a small snag, the price was significantly more than I expected after the show, so I'm going to have to do some finagling with my checks.