Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Foster Updates

MaddieP

Lairian
I feel like I already do. I thought it would bother me more when we were at the show, but he was so cute it didn't even matter. The deposit has been made, so it's going to happen in 2 to 3 weeks. I may go bankrupt and put myself in debt, but by George, I'm going to get my baby!

Sheldon13

Staff member
God it’s so worth it though. I am SO bonded with my Sphynx and I wish as many people as possible to have the kind of relationship we have. I can’t wait to see your gotcha day pics and story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Maddie, awh . hugs..sorry sweet Apollo got angel wings... surely my Sylvester and Apollo are together sharing stories of all the love they knew in this world.

Apollo sent Sir Dudley to love and care for.. bless your heart
you are a sweet soul

very excited for you for your baby.... following for updates
hugs and smooches

MaddieP

Lairian
Anything I should pick up that's a must-have before I get him? I have a heated bed, towels, shampoo, and precision q tips. I know ear cleaner, and he comes with a bag of food, a blanket and his medical records. I'm trying not to go too crazy because as it is with the short notice a good bit will be going on my credit card.

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Make sure you have the same litter that the breeder uses. If you don't like it, you can switch it out later, but for now you should use the same stuff. You will also need nail clippers if you don't have any already.
Here are a few of my babies favorite things that I got off of Amazon...
1565108674788.png

1565108685853.png

1565108695805.png

1565108708446.png

I am SO excited for you that you have a new baby "on the way" :)

MaddieP

Lairian
It's kind of embarrassing, but we have a "toy corner" already, for all the kitties, plus toys scattered around the house. :oops:
I'm so excited, it can't come fast enough! Pick up date is set for Friday the 23rd, tentatively. I took the whole weekend off, and my friends want me to have a 'Kitten Shower' so they can all meet him. When I asked my scheduling manager about the time off, she asked if I would bring him by when we got back into town. All of my managers have seen pictures and they're super excited to meet him!
Once I get the 100% we're going the 23rd, I'll schedule a vet appointment for the 24th.

MaddieP

Lairian
@MaddieP let the count down begin! I love how excited your friends and colleagues are about meeting the little one.
All my friends and coworkers know how long I've wanted one, so they're all excited for me. My mom made the great suggestion that if people would like to bring gifts, they can bring donations for the shelter, and I tacked on sweaters, since I'll be broke for a bit. I do have one sweater that might fit already but we'll have to see!
New pics included! I have to say, after I got a hold of them, they've been very prompt with responses and sending pictures!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-06-15-40-14.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-06-15-40-14.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 23

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So exciting!!
And don't be embarrassed; most of us have a "toy corner" .. I also have 3 large cat trees, 2 climbing scratchers and the stairs/climber that goes up the back of the door. We're all "crazy" cat people here!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Thank you! It seems like everything is happening at once.
Now I'm planning a kitten shower (bring snacks, and gifts if you want), the Sunday after we bring him home, unless I wait a week.

Life sometimes pours down on you all good things. This is a time to soak it all up! I can’t wait to hear that you got the promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
A kitty shower is a great idea. Hope you oost lots of pics!
I remember when I just had my boys they were a little anxious for all the new things and it scared them when people came to visit and wanted to pet and hold them. But every kitten is different of course. And I can imagine you really want to show your cutie to everyone!

MaddieP

Lairian
A kitty shower is a great idea. Hope you oost lots of pics!
I remember when I just had my boys they were a little anxious for all the new things and it scared them when people came to visit and wanted to pet and hold them. But every kitten is different of course. And I can imagine you really want to show your cutie to everyone!

Yes, I think I'm going to wait a week or two to host a kitten party so he can settle in. I got more pictures today!
He went to the vet for shots, so he'll be ready. Only 12 more days!

Attachments

• 73385.jpeg
    73385.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 73386.jpeg
    73386.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 24

MaddieP

Lairian
He reminds me od a wrinkled little old man, which is adorable. I'm glad he seems to be cuddly, Toulouse is not.
Oh yeah, I have a temporary foster! His name is Ziggy, and he's a Green Cheek Conure. He's pretty sweet.

Attachments

• 72939.jpeg
    72939.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 19
Back