Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Found on the street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefani

Lairian
Hi my name is Stefani Alvarez I recently found a Sphynx cat on the streets. We were told by the people who were feeding him that they had been feeding him for about 6 months so we have absolutely no history on the poor thing. He is a very sweet boy and we have been calling him Flesh E. Kydd. While my mother would like to keep him we are unable to afford him. When found on the street, we took him to my job I work at a veterinary hospital and one of the doctors was able to do a quick look at him we've found that he has no outside problems other than a small cyst on his neck. He does currently have a heart murmur. But we do not have any other medical history on him and we were not able to afford to get him vaccinated. He was fixed when we found him. As I said before he is a very sweet boy just needs a new home preferably as soon as possible since my other cats don't get along with him. It has absolutely nothing to do with him he is just a love bug looking for some love and attention. Just for some reason my cats do not get along with him they always try to beat him up. I am in the Arizona area if anybody is looking to adopt. I live in Mesa anybody wants to look at the cat or just needs to get a better idea please leave me a message and I'll get back to you. 50.00 rehoming fee to cover food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stefani

Lairian
Here are just a couple pictures of him.

Attachments

• 20171009_143242.jpg
    20171009_143242.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 20171009_143242.jpg
    20171009_143242.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 443

FlameExpression

Lairian
Hi my name is Stefani Alvarez I recently found a Sphynx cat on the streets. We were told by the people who were feeding him that they had been feeding him for about 6 months so we have absolutely no history on the poor thing. He is a very sweet boy and we have been calling him Flesh E. Kydd. While my mother would like to keep him we are unable to afford him. When found on the street, we took him to my job I work at a veterinary hospital and one of the doctors was able to do a quick look at him we've found that he has no outside problems other than a small cyst on his neck. He does currently have a heart murmur. But we do not have any other medical history on him and we were not able to afford to get him vaccinated. He was fixed when we found him. As I said before he is a very sweet boy just needs a new home preferably as soon as possible since my other cats don't get along with him. It has absolutely nothing to do with him he is just a love bug looking for some love and attention. Just for some reason my cats do not get along with him they always try to beat him up. I am in the Arizona area if anybody is looking to adopt. I live in Mesa anybody wants to look at the cat or just needs to get a better idea please leave me a message and I'll get back to you. 50.00 rehoming fee to cover food.
@Stefani do you have any more photos of him? And would you be willing to ship him via plane if costs were covered by the buyer?

Stefani

Lairian
@Stefani do you have any more photos of him? And would you be willing to ship him via plane if costs were covered by the buyer?
We are a bit nervous putting him on a plane by himself. Especially with his heart murmur. He also had not had any vaccinations, he'd need those too.

I'll see about getting some more pictures of him. Since he likes to hide in my mother's room, I don't have as much interaction as I do with my other foster kid. But I'll get a few. :)

Last edited:

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Are you sure that this kitty doesn't have an owner? I know people who have been looking for missing pets and been connected months or years later. Thats where I'd start first to be honest. Most Sphynx are dearly loved and it may have gotten loose. I'm assuming this cat was scanned for a microchip? Is definitely look for this kitties home before trying to find a new one.

Stefani

Lairian
Are you sure that this kitty doesn't have an owner? I know people who have been looking for missing pets and been connected months or years later. Thats where I'd start first to be honest. Most Sphynx are dearly loved and it may have gotten loose. I'm assuming this cat was scanned for a microchip? Is definitely look for this kitties home before trying to find a new one.
We have been trying. I've been putting up posts everywhere. Haven't received any responses yet. He doesn't have a chip which makes it all the harder. I wouldn't mind keeping him for longer to make sure we don't find his original owner. But he was being fed outside for 6 months and now that he is in my house, he's being beaten up by my other cats. I feel bad for having to keep him in only 2 rooms while the other cats have the run of the house. We've tried integrating him with my cats, but my oldest just doesn't like him for some reason.

Yoda mom

Staff member
I have used several links in the past with kitties and Google searches lost stolen etc sphynx , hairless cat ,spinx, Sphinx
Amd combinations of
On tabbytracker , petamberalert,, there is also a site for lost pets in Arizona
You may have searched some of these already or neighboring state ads

He has been Away from wherever for over 6 mos .. Poor boy :(

blessed you takimg him under your wing -
All paws crossed for a reuniting perhaps recognized thru the lair members or a purrfect forever home

Please please keep us update om thos handsome boy

( Have they tried different chip scanners? Scanned body entirely slowly in case a chip migrated or a different frequency ?)

Years ago I adopted a dog with an AKC microchip
I watch them chip him and it didn't scan at 3 out of 4 places I took him to just for a trial run
Because I live in a hurricane prime state

The local shelters scanner did not Even read the chip as well as 3 vets offices!
The fourth vets office the chip was detected
I got him re chipped with s different brand

Just wanted to share

Last edited:

Stefani

Lairian
I have used several links in the past with kitties and Google searches lost stolen etc sphynx , hairless cat ,spinx, Sphinx
Amd combinations of
On tabbytracker , petamberalert,, there is also a site for lost pets in Arizona
You may have searched some of these already or neighboring state ads

He has been Away from wherever for over 6 mos .. Poor boy :(

blessed you takimg him under your wing -
All paws crossed for a reuniting perhaps recognized thru the lair members or a purrfect forever home

Please please keep us update om thos handsome boy

( Have they tried different chip scanners? Scanned body entirely slowly in case a chip migrated or a different frequency ?)

Years ago I adopted a dog with an AKC microchip
I watch them chip him and it didn't scan at 3 out of 4 places I took him to just for a trial run
Because I live in a hurricane prime state

The local shelters scanner did not Even read the chip as well as 3 vets offices!
The fourth vets office the chip was detected
I got him re chipped with s different brand

Just wanted to share

Thank you. We have a few people who are interested and recently found another vet I used to work with who is interested as well. So I'm hoping we can find him a home or reunite him with his family.

I scanned him myself and my job we have a scanner that can pick up every chip. Even my vet did a second scan after me. So we were very thorough.

But I will keep everyone posted and let you all know how he's doing.

Thank you all for the support. :)

Stefani

Lairian
Hi all! Just a quick update. Flesh E. Kydd is doing well. A friend of mine offered to foster him so he doesn't get beat up anymore. She is a veterinarian which is awesome! She just wants to see how he gets along with her dogs and kids. So far everything seems good. She's taking him to work with her so she can make sure he is all good and well. He does have a slightly enlarged heart. Unfortunately, he does have to have some teeth removed but she'll be working with a cardiologist on how best to deal with a dental and surgery for the cyst on his neck. Flesh E. already seems happier than he was with us. Even though we did our best, he didn't like being separated from everyone. He loves to be social.
Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. I love that naked kid. <3

DrMindy

Lairian

Hello! I’ve been looking to adopt a sphinx cat for forever and now I finally have the family’s blessing! Are you still looking for a home? My only concern is that I have 2 rescued adult cats and 2 rescued dogs. They are loving and tolerate each other very well so we are just looking for the right fit. Hope to hear from you!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I find this so very sad , he looks really well taken care of , I just keep thinking what if that was my Cleo I would break my heart that’s serious I would ..
cats. Can travel far
I just think some poor person or family are. Breaking their hearts
These kitties don’t come cheap ! But with your hot weather it must be ok for them to go out doors , can’t even say he heard a female calling ....
could you not travel or near towns and go in police station see if anyone reported him missing I would give a kings randsome if it was my Cleo
I wish you well
Anita & Cleo xxx

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Anita Eccleston no matter the weather Sphynx are in door cats this baby probably some how accidentally got out and went wondering. Normally if Sphynx are taken out doors it be on a harness. It is only irresponsible people that would let a Sphynx out on their own to wonder about they can’t be in sunlight they can burn sane as when it gets cold

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston no matter the weather Sphynx are in door cats this baby probably some how accidentally got out and went wondering. Normally if Sphynx are taken out doors it be on a harness. It is only irresponsible people that would let a Sphynx out on their own to wonder about they can’t be in sunlight they can burn sane as when it gets cold
Oh yeah I didn’t think of the sunburn but surly police would have been notified of the missing sphynx . Personally I’ve never had an out door cat , I would be afraid of. Cars or somebody taking them ... I just was thinking on the part somebody must be totally heart broken
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xx

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just a second thought I would do my up most to find the owner before I tried to rehome as this poor baby belongs to somebody ! And by some misfortune escaped from his home
You don’t wake up one morning and say oh my sphynx gone missing oh well and carry on with life .. you would move heaven and earth to find it .. and if you found a sphynx or any cat you would do all in your power to find the family
That’s just my thought
Anita & Cleo xxxx

crazysphynxlady

Lairian
I actually would love to come pick him up. its just my adult boyfriend and I. were restaurant owners and love to travel. wed love to take him along with us and adventure! if he is still available, I can come pick up as soon as 11/2

Dina Long

Lairian

If you are still interesting in rehoming, I would love to give this baby a great loving home. Message if you would like to do an interview! Look forward to hearing from you! I would need to have this baby shipped but would pay all airline fees and vaccination fees. Good luck either way!

Sophie Hudson

Lairian

Hi, I’m extremely interested if he hasn’t been given a home yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back