Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Found this Sphynx Vid

Ducky01

Lairian
I was looking up Sphynx for adoption and found this one on Petfinder, I noticed his nose looked really swollen and then even more so in the vid.

Replacement String:

Was just curious if anyone has ever seen something like this? Or know what would cause it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shauntay

Banned
I find he looks like Gonzo from the muppets...little guy needs to get his not so little nose checked. I also found it odd that they dont mention the nose. Has anyone emailed, inquiring about it?

MikkiJean

Lairian
He's in LA. It is really weird that they didn't mention his nose. They also didn't mention the kind of care that a sphynx needs. He looks like a sweetheart though!

Shauntay

Banned
I emailed them, we will see what they say. Maybe they think it's normal for a hairless cat. You never know. I bring my baldies into the grooming salon a few times a week, and customers think they are dogs.

Shauntay

Banned
she said her vet said the nose is fine, and she researched sphynx on line and she's seen this nose before and its normal. Personally Ive been researching breeding sphynx for 7 years. Ive never seen a sphynx with this type of nose.

If anyone is interested in this sweet fellow, you can always ask to speak to their vet personally. If all is as they say it is, they will have no problem providing their vets number.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He is very cute, and I think whoever gets him will have to change his name to Gonzo :) His noce is quite wierd and somehow I don't think it is "normal". I would so take him if I didn't already have two trouble makers :)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I don't believe this is normal either. I mean, it could be "normal" as a result of bad breeding and maybe he is fully healthy and his nose may not bother him at all so they are not worried about it.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I don't believe this is normal either. I mean, it could be "normal" as a result of bad breeding and maybe he is fully healthy and his nose may not bother him at all so they are not worried about it.

You must have it right....it must be something that doesn't bother him and they are not worried about it. But I have been "Sphynx aware" since the early 90s and I have never seen a nose like this on a Sphynx.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
HMM this is quite odd. It looks like a cyst or maybe tissue build up from trauma? I am not a vet though.:Dizzy:

Back