Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Four more weeks! Insurance?

Phyrias

Lairian
So much excitement, 4 more weeks! I've been planning so much getting toys, beds, blankets, cat tree, food, even scheduled a vet exam already! Now I am trying to research pet insurance and boy is it overwhelming and makes me feel lost. It seems that everyone here mainly has trupanion or healthy paws, does anyone have embrace? I see everyone saying to get yearly heart scans to check for HCM, do these cover the costs for the scans also??

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I recently posted a poll on the Sphynxlair FB page and the question was if you could do it all over again what one thing would you do differently...getting their Sphynx insurance was in the top 3. We have insurance for our 2 youngest just because I saw a change in the breed overall. We have Healthy Paws. Routine scans are not covered. We scanned all of ours at age 1 to get a baseline.

Phyrias

Lairian
I recently posted a poll on the Sphynxlair FB page and the question was if you could do it all over again what one thing would you do differently...getting their Sphynx insurance was in the top 3. We have insurance for our 2 youngest just because I saw a change in the breed overall. We have Healthy Paws. Routine scans are not covered. We scanned all of ours at age 1 to get a baseline.
I've been searching on the forum about insurance and it seems like people who have healthy paws have tons of good things to say about them and mobile friendly. So I will most likely go with them.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What an exciting time for you! A time to buy toys, blankets but also a time to think about insurance indeed. I have no insurance cause the insurance here doesn't cover much. But every month I set money aside so I have savings for my sphynxs when needed.