Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Foxy!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So Bob and I were running errands today, and I got a call from our son, Adam, who lives with us. He lured this out from under our front porch late this afternoon. She is about 4-5 weeks old, and has an upcoming vet visit on Wednesday. Needless to say, Cleopatra is NOT happy, and Mr Marcus AA is bewildered. Neither of them are in contact with the baby until we are sure she is healthy. Now Adam and I are off to get supplies.
C9BD126B-28A0-4333-8522-D858AF43DB46.jpeg
E73D6608-80EA-409D-88F1-C651DF331F37.jpeg
E44DF465-A9D6-423B-9482-07DE2C29D81C.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cleopatra Beers awh... bless your hearts... baby Foxy definitely struck gold in your hearts and home.

keep us updated. precious baby. all paws crossed for good news at wellness check. tell Cleopatra and Mr Marcus that foxy is a special wireless heating pad /blankie someday to snuggle with

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Adam lost his 22+ year-old beloved cat about 5 years ago, and naturally, he has missed her terribly.
He says that he was hearing a kitten meow outside for a few days, so yesterday afternoon, he took some catfood out and put it near where he was hearing the meowing. She came out and began gobbling. He was able to grab her. After he got her inside and took the pictures, he went around the neighborhood to see if she belonged to anyone. It turns out that she has been around for about a week, and our next door neighbors were feeding her. We have no idea where she came from.

Foxy is living in Adam’s room, and eating very well She is on Science Diet Kitten Chow, and seems to think she should sit in her water dish while she eats. She uses her litter box and Adam says that she is pretty stinky with poops. But there is no diarrhea. Her skin and fur look good, with no sign of ringworm, but she might have some wood pitch in her fur in a couple of places. The vet will come out tomorrow at noon, so hopefully we will get a clean bill of health.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was just saying in another thread how it’s amazing these guys know just when to come into our lives!

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
You are so right! None of us were looking for another cat or kitten. But, this is pretty good timing for her. Adam works a seasonal job, and is home until February, and as he told me when he called me, he felt he just had to rescue her before the really cold weather sets in. She would have never survived the winter.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So we had a vet visit. Miss Foxy is about 1lb 6oz, although she is skinny, about 6 weeks old, and has a few fairly minor issues. She has the two I always suspect with outdoor cats, worms and ear mites, so she was treated for both. She also has a wound in her side that Adam is treating with Betadine, and it looks clean, with no infection. Then she has a weepy eye that we are wiping 2-4 times a day with saline solution. She got her first vaccination, and is in a sorta quarantine (she comes out for eye treatments and cuddles with Bob and me, but no contact with Cleo and Marcus) for the next 3 weeks, until her next vet visit. The quarantine is more for her benefit than the others.

This morning, I had her in my lap, and Marcus was staring daggers at us. He hissed at her yesterday during the vet visit. Cleo is pretending to be an only cat. She will only argue with Marcus about their heat vent, but ignores him and Foxy completely otherwise.

The weather turned cold last night (20 F), and Adam is so glad he got her inside when he did.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I agree! This girl is a very lucky girl. Adam adores her, and she is “helping” him play games on his computer. She attacks his hand when he moves the mouse—to the point that she made his character die yesterday. Cleo may deign to teach the baby at some point, but right now, she’s pointedly ignoring her.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree! This girl is a very lucky girl. Adam adores her, and she is “helping” him play games on his computer. She attacks his hand when he moves the mouse—to the point that she made his character die yesterday. Cleo may deign to teach the baby at some point, but right now, she’s pointedly ignoring her.
Well, cats are notorious for chasing mice...

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Positive vibes are sent to this little one from NY. She is so lucky to be loved and cared for from you guys. So little and such a fragile immune system at this point in her development.

Sheldon13

Staff member
So amazing you found her in the nic of time. Lucky girlie. She’s so young, but she will get stronger every day.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Miss Foxy apparently has a “bikini” of sorts. She has a triangular white patch on her chest, and a fairly large white patch across the bottom of her belly. She sneezed once or twice yesterday, and both eyes are weepy, but no more sneezing. Adam says she attacks his feet whenever he comes into the room, and loves to play with the empty vaccine vials that the vet gave her. She has been very active, eating lots, and cuddly to Adam and me.
(Pro tip—our vet says that cats LOVE empty vaccine vials, so ask your vet for some when you visit again! Almost free toys!)

Back