Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Freckles/Moles ??

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So the last few weeks ive noticed the odd couple of freckles on Blues back, nothing that i have worried about i just put them down to him growing-up, but one of them behind his ear seems to have grown a bit bigger than the others & is now starting to feel a little raised, maybe even a little scabby, also the skin around seems to of gone lighter these last couple of days, its not bothering Blue in the slightist he lets me touch it & never budged when i washed it in the bath with a flannel, he seems totally oblivious to it being there, so should i take him vets as i know in humans a change in the shape of moles or if they raise it could be cancerous but i dont know if that rule applies to cats aswell, like i said its bothering me more than him but just thought i'd get a second opinion from you guys on here, anyone have any experience with anything similar ??, i hope im worrying for no reason....thanks, Lisa & Blue xxxx
image.jpg

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would keep a eye on it for sure. It looks like a little mole. Curly has these but they have pretty much stayed the same size.

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would keep a eye on it for sure. It looks like a little mole. Curly has these but they have pretty much stayed the same size.
Thanks im defo gonna keep an eye on it, i'll take another photo in a week or so, any changes & i'll run him to the vets, just needed a second opinion :) thankyou xxx

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The colour could appear lighter around it if it was scrubbed at all, it removes the peach fuzz and makes the area look lighter.

If you are concerned, go to the vet. Mine have both developed a few moles and dark patches on them, it has just been from sun exposure. Kind of like how babies are born unblemished and develop moles and freckles as they grow up.

If it was me, I would give it another week or 2 and see what it does. Could feel scabby from being scrubbed at too. Let us know how it goes :)

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The colour could appear lighter around it if it was scrubbed at all, it removes the peach fuzz and makes the area look lighter.

If you are concerned, go to the vet. Mine have both developed a few moles and dark patches on them, it has just been from sun exposure. Kind of like how babies are born unblemished and develop moles and freckles as they grow up.

If it was me, I would give it another week or 2 and see what it does. Could feel scabby from being scrubbed at too. Let us know how it goes :)
Yes thats what i was thinking my daughter was born with no freckles & they developed a she got older, i thought it might be the same with blue & i did give him a good old scrub yesterday, plus he jumped in the bath with my 5yr old nephew last weekend & he wasnt using johnsons baby products, i did remove blue quickly as my nephew wasnt impressed but i did leave him in long enough for a sneaky photo lol, i'm gonna take pics to compare & show the vets if neccessary, thanks xxx
image.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@BluesMummy I have seen many dark babies develop dark spots. Some are quite big. I agree keep an eye on it. If it really seems scabby get it looked at. It could simply be just that a freckle. My nephew has something called a "halo mole" google it. Not sure if cats can get them, but looks very similar.

Patti

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@BluesMummy I have seen many dark babies develop dark spots. Some are quite big. I agree keep an eye on it. If it really seems scabby get it looked at. It could simply be just that a freckle. My nephew has something called a "halo mole" google it. Not sure if cats can get them, but looks very similar.

Patti
Thankyou Patti ive just googled it & it does look similar but ive never even heard of a halo mole !!!, im just gonna keep my eye on it & take photos over the next week or two & any changes then i'll get him checked out, i saw lots of photos of sphynx with moles when i was doing my homework before we got Blue, some were quite severe so i know sphynx kittens can develop freckles & moles, we'll just have to hope it stays the same :) thanks xxx