Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Freckles?

Eliz Eleven

Lairian
Eleven is almost 6months old. Since about 4 months, she's started to form freckles on her skin. Some are after she has a blemish, and some just form on their own. We are tending to the blemishes as much as possible, she only gets about one or two a week mostly around the ears. Vet said it was just de-pigmentation that's natural, but didn't have any advice on the blemish. I've treated as described by the multiple threads here on sphynxlair, and it's under control, but any idea on the freckles? Has anyone else had these, are they permanent?

Thank you!!

IMG_7709.JPG
IMG_7760.JPG

Yoda mom

Staff member
My darker sphynx get pigmentation too
Does she sun much?
So,w members use window tint
I moved the cat tree to indirect sun

I really like hylt shampoo hypoallergenic soo free easy rimse , along with t exfoliating gloves for spa day
Just in case it's a little dirt on the skin - the exfoliating gloves work good for the tiny head areas

Both my Toby and Batman have pigmemtation spots

My Batman had extreme pigmentation when I adopted him-
I limited sun bathing and it cleared up on its own

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pigmentation is totally normal especially if they love to sunbathe. Try using film over your windows or not allowing direct sunlight and it should help minimise the freckles etc.
With the blemishes I would say make sure to use an exfoliating glove to help get all that stubborn dirt and she should be fine. I wouldn't worry as long as she is healthy and happy.

Loveme

Lairian
My darker sphynx get pigmentation too
Does she sun much?
So,w members use window tint
I moved the cat tree to indirect sun

I really like hylt shampoo hypoallergenic soo free easy rimse , along with t exfoliating gloves for spa day
Just in case it's a little dirt on the skin - the exfoliating gloves work good for the tiny head areas

Both my Toby and Batman have pigmemtation spots

My Batman had extreme pigmentation when I adopted him-
I limited sun bathing and it cleared up on its own
I’m curious while it’s dirty and harder to wash off by wipes or spake cloth why is it so hard to wash off it’s been reffed when I try gently wash off I didn’t notice til I took off her clothing it was dirty since then

Eliz Eleven

Lairian
Thanks everyone for the input! Good call on the window- I'll have to watch her :)
Washing and exfoliating definitely has helped a bit, but I guess my baby is just going to be that freckeled faced girl! She only gets bumps when she is exposed to certain irritants (laundry detergent, etc.) that have any perfumes, and sadly we went to the parents house last weekend and didn't even think to tell them. We use all natural and scent free at home- made a huge difference to her skin!

Back