Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Free male Sphynx to a good home - Connecticut

Heatherie

Lairian
Hi everyone, I ended up with a Sphynx cat today because he had to leave his home immediately and I need to find him a good home! He unfortunately bit the human husband in his home and because they have a 2 year old, the husband insisted he leave so I of course went and picked the poor guy up.

His name is Tiger and he is 6 years old, he has a clean bill of health, I have his vet records and he’s up to date on all vaccinations including rabies and he has tested negative for parasites. He’s never been scanned for HCM. He is NOT neutered (he’s intact) and I will NOT adopt him to anyone who is a breeder. His new home must agree to have him fixed as soon as possible.

He lived with another cat and a small dog and I was told there have never been any issues. Litter box trained naturally.

He is of course very confused right now but seems to be a typical loving Sphynx. His mom said he was very loving and she is beyond heartbroken but understands her husbands concerns with the baby.

I am located in Connecticut. I will not ship him via any airline. He is free to a good home.

Please help find this poor guy his forever loving home!!!! The pictures are from his human mom.
927A2B7D-4282-4FF3-BABF-AB7C3E7BD867.jpeg
15DA1BE4-0F19-447C-A9AB-3FF363BBA1E9.jpeg
BC48BC8D-88AC-4EB9-ACC2-19AD80DF492E.jpeg
F5876AFA-D36A-4F62-81D6-18EFC4F04950.jpeg

Heatherie

Lairian
I’m at a total loss for words. Tiger went to live with Tristan (who is an absolute sweet heart and would have given him an extremely loving home) late yesterday and while we all hoped for a happy ending, I am not sure that is in the cards for the poor baby. He bit her as well and is now with animal control in NY.

Tears.

Dublin Riis

Lairian
Has the wife/husband (or you?) considered having him neutered BEFORE you find a home for him? The person adopting him will have to pay the FULL COST of the vet and neuter fee, which is a drop in the bucket for a Sphynx cat. I wouldn't give him to ANYONE without him being neutered first. Not everyone is responsible and still may end up in the wrong hands. You're doing a great job by reaching out. I hope you find a good home for him

Klcklc1285

Lairian
@Heatherie Someone please help me locate Tiger. I will drive however far to come and get him. He is probably biting because something is hurting him or he is super scared. I am an experienced sphynx owner and will take him and do whatever it takes to help him adjust. If anyone finds out where he is... please let me know. Look at that sweet face.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I’m at a total loss for words. Tiger went to live with Tristan (who is an absolute sweet heart and would have given him an extremely loving home) late yesterday and while we all hoped for a happy ending, I am not sure that is in the cards for the poor baby. He bit her as well and is now with animal control in NY.

Tears.
Hi! So sorry to hear about the biting. Do you have any information you could give me regarding NY animal control?

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m not sure I would have sent him with animal control for biting on the first day in the second new home in such a short time. He looks like a sweet cat that undoubtedly just needs a slow adjustment period (and that neuter!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Any update on Tiger? I have emailed a few animal shelters in NY but they gave just been random ones. Someone please help me.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I just spoke to a lady with NY Animal control who has access to all of the locations and she was unable to find anything regarding Tiger. She said she can’t find anything on a sphynx and she searched back all the way to Oct 29th. She said that they would have given them an animal I D number. We need to find out that number.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
i called back because I had the wrong date. I had them search for October 27 through 28 and they can’t find anything. Uuuuuggghhhhhh driving me crazy!!!

Tristan

Lairian
I’m not sure I would have sent him with animal control for biting on the first day in the second new home in such a short time. He looks like a sweet cat that undoubtedly just needs a slow adjustment period (and that neuter!)

As I have been telling everyone, it was not just a single bite. I have over 60 deep puncture wounds on both arms and legs and have been out of work for over a week now. Calling animal control was my ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT. I tried to give him some time and space to calm down and adjust, and when I went to check on him later on, he attacked me a second time so violently that I was genuinely scared for my life.

That probably sounds ridiculous, right? Scared for my life over a 12 pound cat who didn’t even have his front claws? That goes to show you how bad the attack was. I still have the scars and bruises to prove it and I’m honestly traumatized. Again, as I’ve been telling everyone who has been messaging me, I HAVE dealt with aggressive cats before. Tiger was not a typical one.

I told myself I wasn’t even going to check this account anymore because I knew comments like this were inevitable but I can’t help but feel the need to defend myself. I’ll post pictures of my swollen and bruised arms and legs if I have to.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
As I have been telling everyone, it was not just a single bite. I have over 60 deep puncture wounds on both arms and legs and have been out of work for over a week now. Calling animal control was my ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT. I tried to give him some time and space to calm down and adjust, and when I went to check on him later on, he attacked me a second time so violently that I was genuinely scared for my life.

That probably sounds ridiculous, right? Scared for my life over a 12 pound cat who didn’t even have his front claws? That goes to show you how bad the attack was. I still have the scars and bruises to prove it and I’m honestly traumatized. Again, as I’ve been telling everyone who has been messaging me, I HAVE dealt with aggressive cats before. Tiger was not a typical one.

I told myself I wasn’t even going to check this account anymore because I knew comments like this were inevitable but I can’t help but feel the need to defend myself. I’ll post pictures of my swollen and bruised arms and legs if I have to.
Tristan,

It does not sound ridiculous at all. Cats can freaking hurt. My sphynx Gretta attacked my dog once and I jumped in and tried to grab her and oh my gosh she lit me up and i was terrified. You were scared and probably didn’t want Tiger to go to a home with kids and attack some kids or a baby or someone elderly. I understand completely. Please don’t think that I meant anything negative toward you. I promise I did not.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Tristan don't know about the messages you got. But please know you DO NOT have to defend yourself and you surely do not have to post pics to prove what happened.
It's great you took Tiger in, specially cause you did deal with agressive cats before. I'm sorry Tiger attacked you and made you fear for life. Itmust have been awful.
You did all you could do. Calling animalcontrol to take him in was all you could do after the attack. Hope they check Tiger on possible health issues that causes the attacks.

Sending healing vibes to you. And a very big hug.

Natasja

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I just spoke to animal control. They said he has already been placed. I asked if it was with an experienced owner. She said it was a rescue. I asked if she could tell me the name and she could not.

Sheldon13

Staff member

It was unclear to me that it was such an extensive attack. I apologize for jumping to conclusions and I hope you mend quickly. Maybe once he is neutered he will be less aggressive.

Edit: I also feel compelled to state that I was not someone who sent hate messages. I would never to that as antagonizing never helps. It is disappointing to me that people are doing this.

Last edited:
Back