Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Free to GREAT home in SE Louisiana

Chabs (pronounced Shabs) is about 14 years old. Her full name is Cher-Babe (I did not name her) and she was adopted by me 8 years ago when a local breeder decided they did not want to raise kittens anymore. She is a wonderful lap kittie that demands attention. She is talkative and loving.

Sadly she wants to be an only child. I have another cat and a dog that spend a lot of time inside. Chabs refuses to use a litter box that the other kitty uses (yes there is more than one). As much as I love her I cannot have anyone destroying the house. Recently I went to clean the carpet in an unused room and discovered the carpet saturated and even a wet spot on the wall. I am in the process of replacing flooring in my 5 year old home.

She sneezes a lot and generally has dirty eyes, but the vet said she had no problems. A few weeks ago I took her to the vet to get her shots and such.

Her ideal home would be with someone that does not have small children. They should not have any other cats in the home. A retired person or someone home a lot would be best as she gets lonely when I work overtime.

I am confident being an only cat and with someone home more would stop behavioral issues.

I am not asking for a rehoming fee, but will be picky with her new parents. I will not ship her.

Attachments

• 20171019_172436.jpg
    20171019_172436.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 205

Yoda mom

Staff member
@lil5firecracker5 (((Hugs))))
All paws crossed for the purrfect forever home .
Kudos to you for being upfront and honest with any challenges in habits .
Sometimes when adopt , we do not get full disclosure .

I agree with you that being the only kitty will give her the best chances of success for her forever home .
Btw , just a thought , did the vet rule out any urinary tract infection or bladder infection?

Positve vibes and head smooches - I am sure members will PM for interviews

Keep us updated offen

Last edited:
@lil5firecracker5 (((Hugs))))
All paws crossed for the purrfect forever home .
Kudos to you for being upfront and honest with any challenges in habits .
Sometimes when adopt , we do not get full disclosure .

I agree with you that being the only kitty will give her the best chances of success for her forever home .
Btw , just a thought , did the vet rule out any urinary tract infection or bladder infection?

Positve vibes and head smooches - I am sure members will PM for interviews

Keep us updated offen

Yes he said she was healthy. No problems and agreed it was behavioral.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
For the time being that you have her, you might give a try to Cat Attract litter. I had a big problem several years ago with a cat that had UTI's and would pee on anything except the litter box. The Cat Attract got her back to the litter box. Chabs is a very pretty girl and I hope things work out for everyone.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Chabs (pronounced Shabs) is about 14 years old. Her full name is Cher-Babe (I did not name her) and she was adopted by me 8 years ago when a local breeder decided they did not want to raise kittens anymore. She is a wonderful lap kittie that demands attention. She is talkative and loving.

Sadly she wants to be an only child. I have another cat and a dog that spend a lot of time inside. Chabs refuses to use a litter box that the other kitty uses (yes there is more than one). As much as I love her I cannot have anyone destroying the house. Recently I went to clean the carpet in an unused room and discovered the carpet saturated and even a wet spot on the wall. I am in the process of replacing flooring in my 5 year old home.

She sneezes a lot and generally has dirty eyes, but the vet said she had no problems. A few weeks ago I took her to the vet to get her shots and such.

Her ideal home would be with someone that does not have small children. They should not have any other cats in the home. A retired person or someone home a lot would be best as she gets lonely when I work overtime.

I am confident being an only cat and with someone home more would stop behavioral issues.

I am not asking for a rehoming fee, but will be picky with her new parents. I will not ship her.
So sorry for this tough choice you have to make. Cat pee is the worst. Smells completely awful and you CANNOT get rid of it unless you replace.

I just wanted to say that I think it’s awesome that you are very upfront about her issues.

I would take her but I have 3 already.

Good luck to you.

Brandyb053108

Lairian

I

I have no other cats but I have a 9 yr old daughter. So do you think she won’t do good with her. We would love to have her. Where are you located at? We live in Mississippi but are from Louisiana

Klcklc1285

Lairian
People are very interested and message but then ghost.
Ugh. That’s annoying. I’m so sorry. I would love to take Chan’s.... but I have two sphynx girls... Gretta and Myrtle and one Bengal boy. I don’t know if Chabs could adapt to that. What do you think? When I adopted my second sphynx, Myrtle..... ooooohhhh boy. Gretta was PO’ed. Now they are pals. It was a long process getting them this way .... but worth it. I wonder if Chabs could grow to like them and share the litter boxes with them? For some reason Myrtle craps right outside of the litter box sometimes. I don’t know why. It drives me nuts but I can’t yell at her cause she is so gentle and sweet. She just started doing it randomly. I don’t know why. Any big changes around the time that Chabs started doing this?

HiltonandLottie

Lairian
Yes. We adopted the grannies. We are in Ohio right now to see about adopting 2 sphynx/devon rex mix kittens from the plan and fancy animal rescue. Cleo needs to like them though. If she doesn't like them, then we are very interested in adopting Chabs. We always adopt our pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back