Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

frustrated with hubby

pooner

Banned
I really want Pooner to go with us to my moms' tomorrow for Christmas but my husband says no. Any ideas on how to get him to agree???

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
"I am bringing Pooner."

What are we supposed to do that you can't do? ;)
You are not owned by him and subject to his will alone after all.
If there is a practical reason of some sort it would be a DISCUSSION between you not a unilateral desicion. If he wanted to bring something to his mother that he really wanted to bring could you forbid him?
My guess is no so how come you accept the same?
Grow a few and go back to the negotiating table, we can't do anything really but say exactly this in ways ranging from vague to direct.
:Wink:

I don't like vague by the way...:Laugh:

And as a note I always accept the will and want from my significant other when in a relationship but "I forbid" is totally out of the question both from me and to me.

pooner

Banned
Thanks, everyone for all the advice! It always helps to have people taking your side :Smile:
I'm just going to put my foot down and take Pooner with us!
Merry Christmas!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm in the same predicament. Snuffie and SoBe will have to stay home tomorrow while we go to Jimmys mom's house. Situation is probably different tho. His Grandma lives there also and is 83 yrs old now and gets nervous she will trip on them with her walker and his mom just got out of the hospital a few days ago from a heart related scare (heart attack just 2 mths ago) and its too much added stress on them. I will miss them dearly but not much I can do about it..its there house and I don't want to make them uncomfortable.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Tonight we brought Nofuratu to my husbands Ex girfriends family home....there were like 20 people there, coming and going and Everyone loved Nofuratu....We didnt ask if we could bring him we just showed up and put his litterbox in their bathtub....
Most people tell me "It is assumed" that if we go someone where, the cat goes too....
Just ignore your husband and bring your baby....he has to get used to you bringing the cat everywhere sooner or later....
Glad you are putting your foot down!!!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

pooner

Banned
Tonight we brought Nofuratu to my husbands Ex girfriends family home....there were like 20 people there, coming and going and Everyone loved Nofuratu....We didnt ask if we could bring him we just showed up and put his litterbox in their bathtub....
Most people tell me "It is assumed" that if we go someone where, the cat goes too....
Just ignore your husband and bring your baby....he has to get used to you bringing the cat everywhere sooner or later....
Glad you are putting your foot down!!!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

I Love It!! Great idea about the litter box in the bath tub! :ThumbsUp:

loesje

Lairian
I also took Balou with me yesterday. It was my mum who told me to take him with me to her place for christmass. My husband just had to say yes. You do not discus with the mother in law :Wink:

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We had the whole family, plus several friends here for a Christmas eve party tonight. Gabriel sat in "his spot" on the couch and enjoyed the festivities. He was very gracious to his guests, and accepted all their pets and scruffs with a kitty smile.

Pooner is your "family." Unless there are health reasons for him not to be there (his or others), then he should go! Glad you decided to take him. Gabe will be with us tomorrow, wherever we end up.

ktate88

Banned
Glad Pooner gets to go!!

My grandmother doesn't have pets, but she understands if she were to forbid the pets we would be upset or not stay as long. So she lets them come, all of their belongings and all. This Christmas we had...
-my brothers 2 maltese/pekingnese girls
-my aunts chubby, mouthy daucshund
-my sister and brother-in-laws 90 pound rhodesian mix
and Niles :BigSmile:

We actually got great entertainment of the dogs meeting Niles. Niles stood up for himself :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: atta, boy!

pooner

Banned
You were given some great advice; how did it work out?

It worked out well. Pooner got to come to Christmas with the family. He did great however, he's not use to being so lively during the day. He usually sleeps the day away and plays at night. He slept the entire way home and was pooped. I do think he enjoyed himself ! :Smile:

Back