Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fun Friday Cat Fact of the Day 7-12-19

Catzzzmeow

Staff member

We have been sharing the color chart a lot lately with all recent kitten parents joining Sphynxlair, but I never posted color as a true Friday fact though. So here it is for all to read:

You might not have ever thought about what color your cat’s paw pads are, or why. The color of the pads usually coordinate with your kitty’s fur color, but sometimes the paw pad color will also match the nose.

White cats usually have pink pads, and the same goes for ginger cats. Black kitties have black pads, and gray cats have gray pads. Tuxedo cats can have pink, pinkish-white, black or a mix of these colors on their paw pads. In cats with multiple coat colors, like Tortoiseshell or Calico, you’ll see interesting color combinations.

So nose and paw pads can help determine a cat’s color. Here is a chart some might find useful if you are still trying to determine what color your cat is. https://sphynxlair.com/community/styles/Skincolor.jpg

TGIF Lairians

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

We have been sharing the color chart a lot lately with all recent kitten parents joining Sphynxlair, but I never posted color as a true Friday fact though. So here it is for all to read:

You might not have ever thought about what color your cat’s paw pads are, or why. The color of the pads usually coordinate with your kitty’s fur color, but sometimes the paw pad color will also match the nose.

White cats usually have pink pads, and the same goes for ginger cats. Black kitties have black pads, and gray cats have gray pads. Tuxedo cats can have pink, pinkish-white, black or a mix of these colors on their paw pads. In cats with multiple coat colors, like Tortoiseshell or Calico, you’ll see interesting color combinations.

So nose and paw pads can help determine a cat’s color. Here is a chart some might find useful if you are still trying to determine what color your cat is. https://sphynxlair.com/community/styles/Skincolor.jpg

TGIF Lairians
What cute little toes! It is so facinating (and complicated) to determine the "official" color of the cat. My breeder labeled Walter as a lilac, and after studying the chart I think he is specifically a lilac shaded due to is green eyes, pink eyelids and lighter belly. Any other opinions are welcomed!

Attachments