Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fun Friday Cat Fact of the Day 8-23-19

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
It's not hard to see cats love heights. Every chance they get they are climbing, jumping or perching on something. But if they do fall it takes time for a cat's body to realize they are falling and to properly adjust. Cats are more likely to survive a higher fall because they have more time to prepare their body and decelerate. That's why the death rate for cats falling from a 2 to 6-story building is much higher than falling from a 7 to 32 story building. BTW the record fall recorded of a cat falling and surviving really is 32 stories high !!!! Has your cat ever had a fall...if so, share your story in the comments.

Happy Friday Lairians!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Amazing a cat can survive fall form 32 stories high!
Luckly (knock on woods) not one of my crew did ever fall down.

Love the photo of your quad squad.

CathyO

Lairian
Does falling on couches count? hehehe I wonder if the lack of whisker is why my sphynx appear to be clumsier in a funny way compared to my furred cat when she tips over our sofa. Like she would literally fall on her side and not land on her feet unlike my ragdoll.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Lol...we had our first naked fall from ledge/banister about 18 feet. I didn’t see it but heard the slap on the hardwood flooring. He 3as bruised but thankfully ok. Falling off the couch counts for sure lol.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I’m actually surprised there’s any difficulty for them righting themselves from 2 stories up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro