Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fun Friday Cat Fact of the Day 9-23-22…cat memory

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
40cd7aafb5bea2716e789570a527fc44.jpg

Your cat's memory is likely to last on the average about 16 hours. However, it is important to remember cats will have longer term memories that stay with them as well. Cats can recall their animal companions and people who interact with them, feed them as well as those who irritate them. Memory is what makes a cat run to a family member after not seeing them for a long period of time and is also what makes a cat hold a grudge against people who repeatedly treated them poorly …and that can last forever. Having the ability to remember also means cats grieve for other companion animals who pass away, family members who move out, and other losses in their lives. Although studies show that a cat's long-term memory may last as much as 200 times as long as a dog's, cats are highly selective about what they remember. Cats often recall only what benefits them.

TGIF Lairians

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for this information. I was away for about six weeks this summer and I was wondering if my kitty would remember me when I got home. It was so nice when I got home and she met me at the door. When she slept with me she slept on my pillow and used my face as her pillow. She stuck close to me for a few days and now she is back to normal, aloof at times lol! I’m glad she remembered me.

Last edited:
Back