Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fun Friday Cat Fact of the Day 9-8-23…..metabolism

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to their fast metabolisms, Sphynx cats need more food than the average feline. Hairless cats need more calories than other cats to stay warm, especially in winter. 15%-30% more on average. Every cat is different just like humans, but maintaining an ideal weight is key to their longterm health so be sure you are also not overfeeding them.

TGIF Lairians
d1227a78a869891f427fb8dc22eeedb4.jpg

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Myshka looks shocked by the idea he is not average;-).
Great fact again. Will we still have the fun friday facts on facebook?

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like Myshka is saying “you talking about me”? I can hear the mafia accent LOL.

I leave food out all the time for Raphael. You would think I was starving her by how she chows down on bugs when they get in the house! She is a healthy 3 kgs (6 lbs) and she eats 3 different types of food.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t leave the food out or the boys would be overweight. I literally sit and watch them eat because Ochi eats slower than Myshka and Myshka would push his way in and eat Ochi’s if I didn’t watch lol. I even press Myshka’s weight food to the sides of his bowl making him have to work a bit more for his food and he still beats Ochi. @Annejo12

Yoda mom

Staff member
another great adorable fun fact friday!!! do share these FFF on the SL facebook site? I know I am a member there but havent posted much

Back