Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

NewMama

Lairian
I can't find my
Post from several days ago. I'm a new sphynx mama to Pharoah. He is about 4 years old. I emailed a breeder asking what is going on with his coat and she said ringworm. I have three
Young children and no money for a vet. All input appreciated tremendously, and thanks you to the person that posted about chatting on tapachat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412032495.627963.jpg

If it was ringworm wouldn't we have all gotten it, especially my young kids aged 3,5. And 7? I have lera console shampoo and nystasin cream can I use that?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
If breeder says ringworm then believe them at this point. We rescued a girl with it and everyone in the house got it including me except for hubby (of course he escaped it...lol) Our girl did come to us with dark freckles like yours....not the swirls like that. Might be unique to your baby. It is not actually a worm....it is a fungus....just like athletes foot. Vet will suggest a special bathing solution usually and possibly a topical cream. Also look at vetrycin spray...it is good for many skin issues and it says ringworm as well.

You need to clean surfaces and vacuum religiously. It took us 6 months to rid the house of it, but it was SO worth it.

Money or no money a vet will diagnose and get your baby well on their way health and happiness.

Patti

Last edited:

NewMama

Lairian
We have had him since June and slept and ate out of plates and he sleeps in my hair And kids beds so I can't see how it can be that since not one of us contracted it. It is highly contagious.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Then ask vet. I know it is highly contagious. We had to have our furry baby shaved to help control this place. It was out of control passing it around. But hubby never got it ever during those 6 months and she slept in bed with us.
Your vet might take a scraping to see if possibly another skin issue. Usually they take a blacklight to diagnose ringworm, but only 50% show positive testing that way.

Patti

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I can't find my
Post from several days ago. I'm a new sphynx mama to Pharoah. He is about 4 years old. I emailed a breeder asking what is going on with his coat and she said ringworm. I have three
Young children and no money for a vet. All input appreciated tremendously, and thanks you to the person that posted about chatting on tapachat. View attachment 51589
If it was ringworm wouldn't we have all gotten it, especially my young kids aged 3,5. And 7? I have lera console shampoo and nystasin cream can I use that?
It doesn't appear to be ringworm, the picture isn't very clear, can you get him into a well lit area in the home and shoot a few more pictures? You would all have had it by now.

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow I have never seen markings like that.

They are so swirly it almost looks like a pattern...

I saw the dry skin around them in the last picture, so it definitely seems like some kind of skin condition.

I would take him to the vet to get some answers.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wow these pics really magnify the swirls. When our girl had ringworm we had the freckles, not the swirls. Let us know what the vets says.

Patti

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I have been googling and trying to find anything like this since you posted this picture. I am on a mission. Try the Veterycin spray like I mentioned earlier. It covers a very wide spectrum of skin issues and is safe. Please update.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NewMama ,Looong out of the box shot - It almost like tattooing some folks do to dogs n cats -

Puzzling??? Definite vet follow up for Pharoah

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It does look like drawing/ tattooing. I researched that as well...the pattern is very consistent but not to scale on each design....your vet will be able to tell quickly. I am so intrigued. The dark freckles are probably more of what your vet will focus on.

Patti

NewMama

Lairian
He has had th since he was a kitten the dry skin is gone those are old pics. I think the freckles are from sunbathing. I put coconut oil and skin is smooth and moisturized. My uncle told me he got him from Germany which could have been one of his stories that he liked to make up. Vets in nyc are expensive! I just can't afford it right now :(. I'm looking into aspca and rescue organizations to see who might volunteer to help us.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hmm Im very puzzled. Can you apply for care credit so that you can get him seen? Im so so curious to know what a very would say.

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Those patterns do look unusual. If you do manage to get him to a vet it will be interesting to know the diagnosis. Is he developing more ?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NewMama , several of us have a carecredit.com card for vet visits-.there is an 800# on their site-.they can give all the details and see if it for you...

Hugs to Pharoah! Please stay in touch!

Back