Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Funny behavior

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Quick question. Does your sphynx have a very funny behavior that you would love to get on film? The reason I ask is, when I sometimes walk through the house Butterball scampers around like he's on cocaine and it's super funny. He doesn't walk or run but he hops. Like some kind of crazy jackrabbit or something. I want so bad to get it on film but he's so quick and unpredictable that it's nearly impossible. Any tips?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question. Does your sphynx have a very funny behavior that you would love to get on film? The reason I ask is, when I sometimes walk through the house Butterball scampers around like he's on cocaine and it's super funny. He doesn't walk or run but he hops. Like some kind of crazy jackrabbit or something. I want so bad to get it on film but he's so quick and unpredictable that it's nearly impossible. Any tips?

Set up the camera on a stand and film away! You will get it sooner or later.

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Yes!! Snuffie does the same thing it seems like. We call it her Kangaroo hop because she scampers across the floor on her tippy toes with her back all hunched up and does a hopping thing side ways across the floor! Its funny as heck! By the time we get the camera out she is over it but yes its comical. She always keeps me laughing!

tessblack

Banned
When I was toilet training my guys I put a video camera in the bathroom and got a large sd card. I just let it run all day (plugged in) and then scanned through it for anything at night. Caught lots of things, some quite funny. One is the twitch peeing in the toilet and my husband letting of the loudest trumpet fart in the other room and then blaming it on Tux. Was just too funny.

GioThermal

Lairian
HAHA! I blame the cats for my toots too! lol. I promise I wont catch that on camera for you though. Gio... on the other hand runs through the house (or pounces) like he's all hopped up on speed right before he has to do a #2. Funny you talk about catching that on camera because he just did that tonight and I was thinking the same thing (not catching him pooing on camera). :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Treasurecat

Banned
In our other house we had a projection TV. A big one - like 50 inches. Almost every time we were watching bull-riding or Formula One racing, Treasure would come running out of nowhere and ricochet of of the screen ( fortunately shes pretty small, so no broken screen)

It was only those specific shows. and sometimes multiple times in an hour. I would have given anything to have had that on tape.We used to laugh and I think it spurred her on!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
In our other house we had a projection TV. A big one - like 50 inches. Almost every time we were watching bull-riding or Formula One racing, Treasure would come running out of nowhere and ricochet of of the screen ( fortunately shes pretty small, so no broken screen)

It was only those specific shows. and sometimes multiple times in an hour. I would have given anything to have had that on tape.We used to laugh and I think it spurred her on!

That's what Butterball does. He ricochets off the couches. His front paws all outstretched in pounce mode.

Back