Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Funny thing...

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thought I'd share this funny thing Siiri does. We use the peewee litter boxes with pellets. There's two sections in it and when you clean you lift the first one up to get to the bottom. Siiri is always closely monitoring the cleaning of litter boxes and yesterday she decided to do number one at the same time, resulting in pee all over the floor since it went straight through the first section. I just smiled and called for the hubby to come watch. When I then took the other litter box, she returned and made number two. I started laughing so hard. What is that about?! Anyone experienced this? It's like she wanted to be sure everything was done correctly and that noone was gonna take her toilet away...When she was done she was so content and happy and went on her post poo race!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So funny, when we change the litter, Binky will always stay close by, like she is inspecting what ur doing n as soon as ther clean will go n do the toilet! I though may Hav something to do with scent n stuff but Same thing happens when cleaning her water fountain, tree anything which belongs to her.
I Blame my husband she takes after him as he always says that’s mine, this is mine! Xxx

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We have an inspector here as well. Especially when we are away on vacation because they follow the sitter looking for attention. She always makes note that they watch and wait to jump in lol.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope it's not a crazy territorial thing that will become a problem when the other little clown arrives in 3-4 weeks!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My toilet mommy! What do you do with MY toilet?

Haha so funny. Could see it happening while reading.
When I go scoop the 4 boxes Ross always joins me and inspects all 4 after I cleaned them:).

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine have an observation rotation. It's like they have a plan
Pixie: "It's your turn to check the litter cleaning today, I did it last night."
Livvy: "But Jez hasn't checked in AGES, why do I have to? It's HER turn!"
Jez: *crickets*
Pixie: "Shut up and do as you're told." *smacks Livvy*
Livvy: *yowls*
Jez: *smacks Pixie*
Pixie: "That's it! YOU are doing Litterbox check for the next 3 weeks now!"

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Raphael will quite often jump in and use the litter box while I am cleaning it too. I try to be sneaky and clean it when she is sleeping!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I had the furries in Germany, many years ago, Sprocket used to sit and wait for the two toilets to be cleaned. The second the first was clean and available, he'd be LYING in it and wait. When the second was about to go down, he'd do his business in the first one, then jumped in the second one and lay there, blocking it, so that Mandy had to use the "used" loo. He'd then eventually pee in the second, and stalk off...
I always felt sorry for Mandy...

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So true! They watch and then as soon as I put the clean litter in, they have to go in the box. Maybe they pee, maybe they just walk around in it and jump out. But they have to check it out no matter what.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What is even more funny to me is one of my girls has a morning routine set. She eats, then she pees. Not the other way around. It's rap-tap-tap...where's my breakfast mommy 'cause I gotta go pee. WTH?

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I currently have 2 big boxes set in the bathroom.
One is -- apparently -- only to pee in.
The other one is for #2.
But there's always ONE who ignores the rules and does things the other way around, which upsets the other two lol.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:happy: They are so funny!

Rosie waits patiently for me to clean the box, then as soon as I say “all done”, she jumps In and does the biggest pee like she’s been holding it for days! She only pees in the top left, poopies are on the right o_O. @Zab she also gets the post poopie zoomies! :ROFLMAO:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:happy: They are so funny!

Rosie waits patiently for me to clean the box, then as soon as I say “all done”, she jumps In and does the biggest pee like she’s been holding it for days! She only pees in the top left, poopies are on the right o_O. @Zab she also gets the post poopie zoomies! :ROFLMAO:

They are hilarious! Siiri also has some kind of strange technique on the box, she does her business with one leg in the box and three on the edge. When she's done she uses the edge and struts around it to leave...

TheZu

Lairian
Glad to know Missy isn't the only one with interesting Litterbox habits... I swear whenever she's unimpressed with us she marches to her litterbox and pees in it. Like if we open the fridge and we arent getting her food despite the meows, as soon as she realizes she isn't getting anything it's to the litter box to pee out her dissatisfaction.

I cant keep track of why she uses which litterbox either. Some days one is clean the other full, sometimes it's both. As long as it's in the box though I don't care XD.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@TheZu Missy is such a cute name for a kitty. I bet she lives up to it! Little Missy, big personality!

@Zab my boyfriend has a naked called Yoda and he balances all 4 paws on the edge of the box and pees or poops over the edge! He’s so funny to watch. I always wonder why because he still scratches and scrabbles in the litter in preparation for going to the toilet, so it’s not like he doesn’t want his feet in the box. I just wonder what makes him balance so precariously when he actually does the doodoo!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@TheZu Missy is such a cute name for a kitty. I bet she lives up to it! Little Missy, big personality!

@Zab my boyfriend has a naked called Yoda and he balances all 4 paws on the edge of the box and pees or poops over the edge! He’s so funny to watch. I always wonder why because he still scratches and scrabbles in the litter in preparation for going to the toilet, so it’s not like he doesn’t want his feet in the box. I just wonder what makes him balance so precariously when he actually does the doodoo!
Maybe they just keep the paws out of the way? Maybe they don't want to risk anything on the paws? Hilarious!

Back