Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fur baby no. 2 unwell

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi

I've posted about my little furbaby, Susuwatari, before - she's been having recurring bouts of bleeding when urinating for about 4 months. It came back again at the weekend so we were back at the vet first thing Monday morning. We decided to have scans done (x-ray and ultrasound) which were carried out today. Basically her entire bladder is filled with lots of little growths to the point where there is no room for urine in there. They've taken samples and sent them off for testing so now we're waiting for the results so a plan of action can be made. I'm really worried about the poor little girl.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That’s too bad. I wonder if they can do a scraping and get the growths out? I wonder what caused them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I asked the vet the same question. Treatment will depend on what they are. If they're something that won't grow back they may be able to scrape. They may be benign or malignant, we don't know at this stage. We'll have to consider what quality of life she'll have as we don't want her to suffer if they can't do anything - basically if they can't she's likely to keep passing blood and be in pain which isn't fair. She's 15 years old so I'm worried about her having operations and anaesthetic at her age.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks, everyone. The vet said the results might be back today but they didn't come so we have to wait until Monday. In the meantime our poor little girl is on painkillers and meds to ease her symptoms. Paws crossed for good results.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Beckinboots awh sweetie I know the waiting is agonizing
You are doing all you can keeping her comfortable
Be sure to check you have enough meds for the weekend
perhaps vet can prescribe some extra to have on hand ?

A lair full of love and prayers to sweet Susuwatari

Extra snuggle cuddles from me
All paws crossed for good news
She has all your love ❤

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think she's comfortable on the meds. Hoping results will be back from the biopsy tomorrow and have everything crossed for good results. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for checking in on her x

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Update - the results are back and the growths aren't malignant, thank goodness. The vet wants to treat her with antibiotics and a tablet that helps with cystitis, as that eases her symptoms, for a month then scan her again. Apparently they might be caused by bladder stones irritating her so the meds should reduce issues.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Beckinboots big happy good news head smooch to Susuwatari!
Soooo relieved not malignant !
All paws crossed for the meds working and follow up recheck :)
Do you have a pic of sweet Susuwatari ? She looked absolutely gorgeous in the background of your pic th other day! Is she all black? She looks like a big strong girl :)

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susu came to keep me company this morning so I grabbed a quick pic.

Back