Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fur baby no. 2 unwell

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susuwatari had her scan yesterday and the news couldn't be better. A month ago her bladder was so full of polyps there was no room for urine but, after intensive treatment with antibiotics and other meds, yesterday it was completely clear. The vet showed me the scans and I couldn't believe it was the same cat. Text book bladder with all linings the correct depth and narry a polyp in sight . No need to go back to the vet with her again unless the symptoms return.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Beckinboots love love reading this purrfect update on Susuwatari! Such fantastic news!
Smiling ear to ear here reading this amazing update! Wow! Soo happy for you and Susu! Big happy hugs to you and big head smooch to Susu!
Kudos for your vets treatment plan and your dedication to her care..

Sheldon13

Staff member
Susuwatari had her scan yesterday and the news couldn't be better. A month ago her bladder was so full of polyps there was no room for urine but, after intensive treatment with antibiotics and other meds, yesterday it was completely clear. The vet showed me the scans and I couldn't believe it was the same cat. Text book bladder with all linings the correct depth and narry a polyp in sight . No need to go back to the vet with her again unless the symptoms return.

FANTASTIC! I’m so happy to read this. I’m sure urination is much easier for her now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Update - after the last bladder scan we retested Susu's urine and it came back positive with continued E. coli presence. The antibiotics regime continued and we retested again on Tuesday this week. Got a call from the vet tonight who finally gave her the all clear. The E. coli is gone at last.

Unfortunately she's got to go back to the vet tomorrow as she appears to have lost her lower canine teeth and is having difficulty eating. Le sigh.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sigh indeed! Happy the E.Coli is gone at last. But sorry to hear about the lower canine teeth. Sending positive vibes

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Vet visit went well. My little girl is on Metacam for pain relief to see if that helps her eat any easier. The gums have healed over where the teeth were and due to her age they're reluctant to put her under and fiddle around. Apparently cats can resorb (sp?) old, broken teeth back into the body so hopefully that's what's going on. Fingers and paws crossed for pain free munching soon.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless her... that must have been sore! :  (Luckily she has a great mummy to look after her. Susu is a tough little lady and I hope she's on the mend now {}

Back