Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fur for the winter?

dubeespot

Lairian
Hi, I have 2 adopted sphynx kitties, I've had them since May. They were a bit dirty when I got them so I have been bathing them and getting them cleaned up. I noticed that one of my kitties who was extremely oily when I got him is now "fuzzy" and I didn't know if it was because his skin is back to health or do these guys get a little fuzzy for the winter??? Just curious............

holly_savage

Banned
I agree too. Hibou's tail and feet are furry year round, but it was a much thinker fur last winter, it did thin out in the summer.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree also.
My Cleo has a bare tail but last winter the tip of her tail grew blue fur.
It had never happened before.

beeblebrox

Lairian
Hormones and genetics play a huge role. Sometime sphynx just get hairy. Especially if both parents are thermals it can happen much more than desired.

Gizzymom

Banned
One year in the winter, Gizmo grew a small patch of fuzz on his bum and some downy fuzz on his feet. By summer, it was gone and never came back.... I think every sphynx is different... you just have to roll with it!! :BigSmile:

dubeespot

Lairian
thanks guys! yeah it'a kind of cool. Bobbee has two patches on his hips, and is fuzzy now from ears to toes and my Tiki's tail is getting fuzzy! I can't wait to see what happens come spring......:Smile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yup - I agree. In the summer my Sphynx seem to be more naked,,now that Fall is here they are growing downy fuzzies on their feet and Snuffies tail is getting much thicker than it originally was. Its so cute when they kitties are playing and she poofs up her tail. lol

Back