Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Future Sphynx Mama!

jlewis0608

Lairian
Hi all! I have been a sphynx lover my entire life, but have yet to own one. (I do, however, have a tattoo that has won many awards on my arm - see my profile picture!) I've been doing a lot of research, and finally found a breeder that I love. Put a deposit down today, and can't wait to get my furless baby home!

Being a newbie, I look forward to help and support here. Can't wait to share and meet you all.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome. You have to be so excited about your dream coming true! We will gladly help you get through the long wait until Gotcha Day.

jlewis0608

Lairian
I do have an update!! Meet my little guy. He will come home in August. I got to meet him and I am so in love already. We are still tossing around names, and could definitely use some help! Here are some of the contenders:
-Ripley
-Tucker
-Sawyer
-Jasper
-Remy

Any other suggestions are definitely welcome!!
35490870_10156367478383232_8860959054286028800_n.jpg
Sphynx (2).jpg
Sphynx 2 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Sphynx (2).jpg
    Sphynx (2).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17

jlewis0608

Lairian
Thanks everyone. Obviously he's a little dirty, and still VERY tiny. Getting really anxious to bring him home. I'm in that "nesting" phase, and am trying to gather up all of the things I will need to take care of him. A little overwhelmed with cleaning supplies, and what I will need to keep him looking and feeling great. I see lots of different opinions on what soap to use, what to clean ears with...etc. Just want to be prepared!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
What a cute little squirt. You will learn as you go. We were a;l newbies at some time lol. You will find a few things people become opinionated about and the reason being as it works for them. Food, shampoo, and litter are just a few of them. Enjoy the journey.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He is beyond adorable. I like the names Jasper and Remy best I think :) but all of them would suit him.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@jlewis0608 , so excited for you ! That cute little face! Those eyes!
We all learn and grow together here - the things we use evolve amd we learn what works best for our babies as we go-
I still change things up from time to time with the suggestions and experiences shared by all

This is such a fun friendly down to earth bunch
So glad you joined us!

Keep the adorable updates coming ! Looking forward to your journey with us

You have a fantastic list of names - the right one will stick

I started with basics amd adjusted as I went along - you will find what works best for your baby .
One of the best tips I got was to get a pair of exfoliating gloves! Helps hold slippery kitty amd gets them nice and clean on spa day

The one thing I totally recommend is kitty proof for life :)

These little monkeys get into , onto, over , under, on top of everything they can - amd like to taste test everything too! I compare it to what others describe as a permanent two year old lol

Watch hot stove tops , washers , dryers , Keeping toilet lids down , opening and closing doors slowly and lookimg underfoot - they are lightening fast !

Welcome to the journey!

NakedMeko

Lairian
I do have an update!! Meet my little guy. He will come home in August. I got to meet him and I am so in love already. We are still tossing around names, and could definitely use some help! Here are some of the contenders:
-Ripley
-Tucker
-Sawyer
-Jasper
-Remy

Any other suggestions are definitely welcome!!View attachment 85662 View attachment 85663 View attachment 85664

Those are all great names!! I like Sawyer and Remy best. He's adorable - seriously yummy! ;)

NakedMeko

Lairian
I have several names narrowed down too, and would love some help/votes on these...

Suki
Ruthie
Piper
Poppy
Mila
Yoko
Rumi
Kiwi

She will most likely have green eyes (not sure yet) but if so, I also like the name Jade. :)

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@AbstractJax , I thought of the name Olive ? Olivia?
Perhaps Google search green names ?
I am not sure at what age they Have their permanent eye color
Something to ask the breeder
Jade is a great name ! See @Toa and Ross gorgeous Jade kitty
The right name will stick often times om gotcha day or even several days later

NakedMeko

Lairian
@AbstractJax , I thought of the name Olive ? Olivia?
Perhaps Google search green names ?
I am not sure at what age they Have their permanent eye color
Something to ask the breeder
Jade is a great name ! See @Toa and Ross gorgeous Jade kitty
The right name will stick often times om gotcha day or even several days later

I love olive!!! That's going on my list :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Love all the names. It really depends on her character I guess. But looking at her pic now I think Poppy suits her.
Of course I also looooooove the name Jade (since my girls name is Jade;-)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome. Love your ink.

I like the name Jasper for your little darling.

We are all here to help you in any way that we can. Enjoy your last few weeks of peace and quiet! LOL

Back