Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gable Too Thin?

Hello All,

I have been seeing other Sphynx on here that just are so much more "filled out" than my Gable. His chest bone seems to stick out quite a bit. Please look at this photos and tell me what you think. I am thinking he is a bit thin. I free feed him Felidae and he gets Merrick moist 1/2 can twice a day. I did find out I can get EVO near me so I may try that. He did not like the Core. He seems to like the Felidae okay but I really would prefer a higher protein food.

DSC00048.jpg
SAM_0149.jpg

That is good to hear from everone because I just think he looks like he needs some weight. Even my husband asked me tonight if the chest bone out like that was normal.

gizmo6370

Banned
Normaly a breeder wouldn't breed with cats from who the chest bone sticks out to much.....the breeder of your Gable probable did....so he has inherited from his parents....it wouldn't disappear if he gaines weight....but it will be less striking....
But he looks healthy....just like BirthdaySuit said....he is petite looking :Wink:

Normaly a breeder wouldn't breed with cats from who the chest bone sticks out to much.....the breeder of your Gable probable did....so he has inherited from his parents....it wouldn't disappear if he gaines weight....but it will be less striking....
But he looks healthy....just like BirthdaySuit said....he is petite looking :Wink:

Thank you! I was worried that it was something wrong with him. He was even thinner when I got him, so I have been trying to plump him up a bit but he is really picky. He really likes his moist food so I am wondering if he would do better on raw.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
As long as he is eating healthy and not loosing weight he is just fine!:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
He looks great to me! Even Snuffie jumped up here and sniffed him out! lol I wish Snuffie still had her tight little bod that she had when I got her. Since she has gotten fixed tho she is getting a little bottom heavy! lol He looks good tho.

gizmo6370

Banned
Thank you! I was worried that it was something wrong with him. He was even thinner when I got him, so I have been trying to plump him up a bit but he is really picky. He really likes his moist food so I am wondering if he would do better on raw.

You're welcome :Wink: If you think he's gonna eat raw....feed him raw....it's the best he can get :Smile:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i think he looks ok. Sphynx kitties are naturally pretty small. as PP said, his ribs and backbone don't seem to stick out. I think you're doing a fine job as a kitty momma. he's a pretty baby

Back