Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gatsby & Loki's New Petcube! (Pics included)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So, we've been looking into some interactive pet cams and we decided to pick one up yesterday. :) The Petcube was $50 off so we didn't want to miss out.

We set it up last night and the cats loved playing with the laser! And being at work today, it's so neat to be able to check-in on the family! Not to mention, we can give friends and family access to the camera too if they want to play with the boys!! So we love it so far, and I love being at work and getting to watch them (even if they do just sleep all day, haha).

If anyone has the petcube app, let me know! We can be friends and then you can play with Loki and Gatsby too! You can get the app on iphone or android.

Here are some pics.
Loki trying to figure out what this new box is for:
image.jpeg

Oh.....the box is for sitting on:
image.jpeg

And now today from work. All the animals sleeping. You can kind of see Loki and Gatsby in the corner of the couch (the tiny skin colored area). That's "their" spot with their favorite blue blankie:
image.jpeg

I'll see if I can get some better action shots later tonight. They sleep all day and play all evening. Heh. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I would be very careful bout sharing the codes for others (strangers) to look in on your babies etc. this could be a security issue on many levels if someone happened to share with others etc. also you might feel a bit odd if you ever forgot to turn the camera off when you are home. We have 3 video cameras and I know after time they just become part of your life for me it would be very easy to forget to turn them off so only hubby and I have access.

I agree it is fun to see what they do with their day. Ours are either sunning in the windows or sleeping too.

Patti

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So, we've been looking into some interactive pet cams and we decided to pick one up yesterday. :) The Petcube was $50 off so we didn't want to miss out.

We set it up last night and the cats loved playing with the laser! And being at work today, it's so neat to be able to check-in on the family! Not to mention, we can give friends and family access to the camera too if they want to play with the boys!! So we love it so far, and I love being at work and getting to watch them (even if they do just sleep all day, haha).

If anyone has the petcube app, let me know! We can be friends and then you can play with Loki and Gatsby too! You can get the app on iphone or android.

Here are some pics.
View attachment 67152

View attachment 67153

And now today from work. All the animals sleeping. You can kind of see Loki and Gatsby in the corner of the couch (the tiny skin colored area). That's "their" spot with their favorite blue blankie:
View attachment 67154

I'll see if I can get some better action shots later tonight. They sleep all day and play all evening. Heh. :)

Oh how cute, @Nicolemorgan. Patti has a good point!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Personally I would be very careful bout sharing the codes for others (strangers) to look in on your babies etc. this could be a security issue on many levels if someone happened to share with others etc. also you might feel a bit odd if you ever forgot to turn the camera off when you are home. We have 3 video cameras and I know after time they just become part of your life for me it would be very easy to forget to turn them off so only hubby and I have access.

I agree it is fun to see what they do with their day. Ours are either sunning in the windows or sleeping too.

Patti

Oh how cute, @Nicolemorgan. Patti has a good point!

Thanks for the concern you guys! :) They have a lot of settings, for example you can turn off laser and the sound from others, so they can only view in. And you manually set when they can view, so it's not just people viewing at any time of day or night whenever they want, you have to allow it.

We will mostly be using it for ourselves anyways. I couldn't help but check in all day at work! They really don't do much...hahaha.
I think this will be perfect for vacations when we are missing our babies. Not that we even go away much, because of how much I miss my babies! Heh

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Thanks for the concern you guys! :) They have a lot of settings, for example you can turn off laser and the sound from others, so they can only view in. And you manually set when they can view, so it's not just people viewing at any time of day or night whenever they want, you have to allow it.

We will mostly be using it for ourselves anyways. I couldn't help but check in all day at work! They really don't do much...hahaha.
I think this will be perfect for vacations when we are missing our babies. Not that we even go away much, because of how much I miss my babies! Heh

@Nicolemorgan I understand because I really don't like going away all because of these babies! We used to take cruises often and a number of months after I got Liam (my first naked love), we went on a cruise. I literally didn't fall asleep each "night" until the sun came up. I was not only worried about him and missing him, but I couldn't sleep without him by my side rubbing him all night long in my sleep!

Once I came home, I said that I have to do something about this. So I did! I made what I call, "My Fake Liam" using a hot water bottle and a chamois. I took out my sewing machine and went to work. I didn't make a head/face, but I sure did make a curly tail because that is one thing that I like to rub and warm up when they are chilly.

I took this with me on every vacation and filled it with hot water at bedtime and held it right up against me to fall asleep while away from home.

Insane? Crazy? Maybe, but I just miss these babies so darn much while I'm away. I have refused to go on a cruise since, by the way, so instead we go away a lot, but not for that many nights because I can't take being away from them. :)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Nicolemorgan I understand because I really don't like going away all because of these babies! We used to take cruises often and a number of months after I got Liam (my first naked love), we went on a cruise. I literally didn't fall asleep each "night" until the sun came up. I was not only worried about him and missing him, but I couldn't sleep without him by my side rubbing him all night long in my sleep!

Once I came home, I said that I have to do something about this. So I did! I made what I call, "My Fake Liam" using a hot water bottle and a chamois. I took out my sewing machine and went to work. I didn't make a head/face, but I sure did make a curly tail because that is one thing that I like to rub and warm up when they are chilly.

I took this with me on every vacation and filled it with hot water at bedtime and held it right up against me to fall asleep while away from home.

Insane? Crazy? Maybe, but I just miss these babies so darn much while I'm away. I have refused to go on a cruise since, by the way, so instead we go away a lot, but not for that many nights because I can't take being away from them. :)

Awh, I don't think that is crazy at all @GoldHazel! I think that is sweet! "My Fake Liam", I LOVE it!

Since the one time Gatsby got sick before we went on vacation, and then it was like 10 months of medications....it's just hard to leave. I guess I worry what if something happens...
Plus, Loki loves his mommies...he gets really upset when we leave. He usually throws up the first day we are gone because he gets so stressed. We even setup Feliway diffusers, and its my brother who comes and lives at our place while we are gone. And he loves him.
It just makes me so sad to see him get so stressed.

I think we will have to start doing shorter vacations, or even staycations. Haha.
Since we got the babies...I think we have only gone away twice. Once for 7 days, and the other for 10 days.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am often on the road due to work and I check in on my crew often through our video cameras. I especially love it while on vacation. Our video cameras allow us to talk to them...does the pet cube? That is a great price for your device if it does.

I just know they have become "white noise" as we are so used to them. I would not want your privacy violated.

Patti

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Awh, I don't think that is crazy at all @GoldHazel! I think that is sweet! "My Fake Liam", I LOVE it!

Since the one time Gatsby got sick before we went on vacation, and then it was like 10 months of medications....it's just hard to leave. I guess I worry what if something happens...
Plus, Loki loves his mommies...he gets really upset when we leave. He usually throws up the first day we are gone because he gets so stressed. We even setup Feliway diffusers, and its my brother who comes and lives at our place while we are gone. And he loves him.
It just makes me so sad to see him get so stressed.

I think we will have to start doing shorter vacations, or even staycations. Haha.
Since we got the babies...I think we have only gone away twice. Once for 7 days, and the other for 10 days.

@Nicolemorgan it is very hard to leave them. :)
A number of times Grayson had bad stomach issues just before I was to leave for vacations. He had to go to the vet and get meds and IV fluids, so I understand what you mean.

What was wrong with Gatsby that it took 10 months of meds? Wow.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am often on the road due to work and I check in on my crew often through our video cameras. I especially love it while on vacation. Our video cameras allow us to talk to them...does the pet cube? That is a great price for your device if it does.

I just know they have become "white noise" as we are so used to them. I would not want your privacy violated.

Patti

@Catzzzmeow and @Nicolemorgan one time while I was on vacation I had my daughter come over twice a day to take care of the nakeds. One time I missed them so much that I told her to call me from my master bathroom wall phone and to put it on speaker phone so that I could talk to them. BIGGEST mistake I ever made! :( They went bonkers looking for me (my daughter told me). Liam even jumped up on the toilet tank and reached over and was pressing buttons on the telephone trying to get me out of the phone. Grayson was walking around like a chicken without a head looking for me and then he looked really sad because he couldn't find me. I never called them again while away. :(

So if I had that device like you, Patti, I wouldn't be able to use that feature to speak to them. :(

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Patti

Yes, the petcube does have a two way speaker feature that you can use @Catzzzmeow . You can turn it on or off, depending on what you want to do, so that is nice.
And I know what you mean @GoldHazel. I don't think we will use the sound feature much for the nakeds...we did the same thing on facetime one time while away. They looked around and were trying to find us...oh I felt SOOO bad! So yes, that was a one-time and never again learning experience.

We did talk to Riot (our greyhound) when he was in front of the petcube, and he had his ears up for a second...and then didnt care and went to sleep. Haha...they don't care about anything those greyhounds. :p

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When we go on Vacation I miss Izmae so bad. My Sister, stays
with her.
When, my Sister and I have our girls getaways, my Husband is
with her in the evenings and night.
Or I wouldn't go on Vacations. Once, my Husband and I came
back home a day early. We couldn't stand being away from her.

Arili O

Lairian

Here are some pics.
View attachment 67152

View attachment 67153

View attachment 67154

That second photo is like an advertising shot. Very nice posing from your kitteh!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Mal sounds like a plan! LOL

The only thing I really won't do with the Petcube is talk to my babies. Once when I was on vacation (long before the Petcube), my daughter came over twice a day to take care of them. I missed them so much, I had asked my daughter to call me and put the call on speakerphone so I could talk to all of them.

OMG, worst mistake ever! They got so upset because they couldn't find me. My daughter said that they were looking all over for me, behind doors, in the hallway, behind the toilet, etc.! My oldest one tried to climb up towards the wall phone since he realized my voice was coming from there, but he seemed upset he couldn't see me or feel me.

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awww omg! Poor things! I am curious to know how Pete would react to that! I imagine he might be upset too or just super confused!

Do they like to play with the laser?

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'd love to see what Rosie gets up to when I'm working all night. Often I get home and all the blankets from the bed are on the floor and the lounge room cushions have been moved. She always looks bleary eyed when she greets me at the door, as if she's been asleep all night, lazily stretching out as if she just woke up. But it sure looks like she's had a blanket party while I've been gone!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awww omg! Poor things! I am curious to know how Pete would react to that! I imagine he might be upset too or just super confused!

Do they like to play with the laser?

@Mal, do they like to play with the laser? LOL Is the sky blue? They LOVE LOVE LOVE the laser. LOL

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'd love to see what Rosie gets up to when I'm working all night. Often I get home and all the blankets from the bed are on the floor and the lounge room cushions have been moved. She always looks bleary eyed when she greets me at the door, as if she's been asleep all night, lazily stretching out as if she just woke up. But it sure looks like she's had a blanket party while I've been gone!

@lealea is Rosie inviting friends over while you are at work? Sounds like a wild party if you ask me! LOL

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, they LOVE playing with the laser @Mal We do it from work sometimes, and even played with them while on vacation. It was great!

We have a similar story like @GoldHazel, while Nicole and I were in Maui a couple years ago, my brother was house sitting. We texted him to Facetime him so we could say hi to the babies. Ohhhh....I instantly felt awful.....they couldn't figure out why they couldn't reach us on the phone, and were searching around the house for us to find our voice. So yeah, we didn't do that again.

I have talked to Nicole on the Petcube though, haha. While she was working and I was at home with the babies. She played with them with the laser while talking to me. They didn't seem to mind that, maybe because one mom was home with them :)

Back