Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gender of second Sphynx

earthtorachel

Lairian
We have had Fidget for about 3 months now and have fallen head over heels in love with her and the breed. We are planning to get another next year and were wondering if females generally get along better with another female, a male or does it matter?

holly_savage

Banned
I only have one, so I can't help, but I will be following this thread since we will be getting another soon!
Welcome to the lair...

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have 3.
My 2 girls are best friends.
Polar my male is very rough with them and has hurt them.
Of course he is a kitten.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I only have one as well. My breeder has 2 mama's pregnant tho and one is due within the next 2 to 3 weeks and if all goes well we may get one from one of those litters!! Oh I'm so excited. We aren't set on getting a girl or boy, just which ever one we fall in love with so If and when it happens I keep you posted. I've always felt it just depends on the temperment and personality of the cats. Snuffie gets along with everything thus far so I'm hoping it turns out well no matter what!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Fidget is a great name by the way! Very cute. I have a male sphynx and a female bengal who get on very well together, Mo (The sphynx) can be a bit boistrous at times but they are quite happy together, he is very protective of her. But from what I've learnt on here sphynx boys and girls are usually fine together either way. I guess it just depends on individual personality of the cats.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have 2 males and one female and they all get along about the same. The all sleep in a big pile together, and all play. I don't think it makes a difference.

susi794

Staff member
I have brought both into my home--my girls accepted the male far faster than the other female.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Earthtorachel,
I think it is the luck of the draw. i dont think gender would matter as long as both or all cats are fixed. Good luck with your new sphynx venture!:ThumbsUp:

Back