George is definatly in the oral stage! | Sphynxlair

George is definatly in the oral stage!

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by georgehairlesson, Oct 27, 2009.

1. georgehairlesson

georgehairlessonSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $480.00
    Ratings:
    +72
    I'm not the biggest fan of Freud; mainly because I think he was a sexist pig, but anyways I do believe that George is definitely in the oral stage of his development now. He goes after anything that could even slightly resemble a nipple. I call him the nipple perve. If I have a gem or something on my shirt he immediately goes after it and starts sucking. I stop him over and over but he always comes back. He also has figured out that I wear a belly ring from sitting on my lap and he will literally try sucking it through my shirt! He also sucks on buttons. The worst of all is that one day I got out of the shower and he tried to attack my chest. He is a nipple fiend! How do I stop this? He is getting stronger and stronger and more persistent!

2. heather

heatherV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $396.00
    Ratings:
    +462
    Oh godness! I think Sophie is shortly behind. For the first time last night she started suckling her arm on two different occasions.

[​IMG]

What age is George now? Sophie is 4 months now.

He definitely sounds quite persistent!

3. georgehairlesson

georgehairlessonSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $480.00
    Ratings:
    +72
    George was born June 13, 2009 so he is a little over 4.5 months. George also sucks on his armpits!

4. Haji the Sphynx

Haji the SphynxLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $129.00
    Ratings:
    +167
    Haji STILL tried to suck on himself. Thankfully he doesn't suck on anything or anyone else.
    I really had to work hard to break him of this nasty and sloppy habit - literally holding his head away from himself until he would stop. He often likes to do it in the middle of the night and wakes me up with his slurping and kneading. Luckily he's gotten much better.
    Hopefully your george will too!

5. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +442
    :LOL::Hysterical::Laugh: Walter hasn't gone after any nipples (thank god) but he also will try to chew on anything attached to my clothes - buttons, beads, any kind of embellishments. He also chews on my zippers and tore the buttons off the side of my couch. My first sphynx, Harold, was an armpit licker - I think he liked the taste of my deodorant!

6. saintbabby

saintbabbyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289.00
    Ratings:
    +2
    my Pickles sucks too. mostly others, but it doesnt have to be a nipple-like thing, it could be my palm, face, arm, belly, or most interestingly.. neck. I keep getting scared shes gonna give me a hicky from how she goes at it!

we've just got sucky babies.

7. 2sphynxgirl

2sphynxgirlSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $4.00
    Ratings:
    +171
    I've had 3 sphynxes ans they all seemed to grow out of suckling themselves and others around six months. None of them have outgrown the attraction to buttons or shiny things, though!:Wink:

8. heather

heatherV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $396.00
    Ratings:
    +462
    Sophie goes after the button on the sides of the couch too!

This totally happened last night to me at goodness knows what hour of the night. She was sucking my neck/chin/cheek. This all started two days ago!