Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

getting a new sphynx kittie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Everyone! I have one love-bug sphynx girl, Nefertiti, who is a tortie. I am so excited, because I will soon be getting a kitten from the same breeder - a beautiful seal point girl!! :BigSmile:I was wondering if some of you folks would post some pictures of your seal point sphynx - kittens or cats. I am so excited - she is a sweet lovely, & I can't wait! :ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats!!!!
My Wrinkles was suppose to be a Seal Point and White and she turned into a Seal Tortie Point and White.
Here are her pics.

Congrats on your soon to come bald baby! I am sure Nefertiti will enjoy having a friend!

Sorry all, have to ask, what makes a seal point?

I am not good at the colours and markings.

I know Amaryllis is a tortie and white and she has the aqua blue eyes and a bit of a dark patch on her nose. I am not sure what that makes her? Seal Point Tortie? Seal tortie mink???

I don;t know about Gable's colour either. He has the blueish grey back and head, stripes on his legs and the little white tuxedo on his neck and belly. Is he a blue and white? Black and white? Blue and white tuxedo?

Too many colours/patterns and I just can't get them all straight!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congrats on your soon to come bald baby! I am sure Nefertiti will enjoy having a friend!

Sorry all, have to ask, what makes a seal point?

I am not good at the colours and markings.

I know Amaryllis is a tortie and white and she has the aqua blue eyes and a bit of a dark patch on her nose. I am not sure what that makes her? Seal Point Tortie? Seal tortie mink???

I don;t know about Gable's colour either. He has the blueish grey back and head, stripes on his legs and the little white tuxedo on his neck and belly. Is he a blue and white? Black and white? Blue and white tuxedo?

Too many colours/patterns and I just can't get them all straight!

I'm not good wth colors and markings either. There are too many definitions to kep straight.

Congratulations on your new baby.

firehillqueen

Banned
IMG_2316a.jpg

Bella Ciel, my color point 7 month old female

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you, everyone, for sharing your pictures of your babes! All are beauties! My Nefertiti is a tortie with green eyes. My new baby looks very much like the seal points you all showed me - very dark with aquamarine eyes - very exotic looking! :Cool: Wow! I have got to get a decent camera! Any pictures I take with those stupid disposable cameras turn out lousy - very diluted colors & lots of red demon eyes!:Angry:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pointed cats have blue eyes and the blue eyed cats look red in many pics.
There are many pics of Wrinkles like that.

holly_savage

Banned
Congrats maxtmill...

ANd just FYI for those who asked...

A seal Point would basically be the color of a Siamese, the dark chocolate colored (seal) are on their points, ie nose, ears, paws and tails...there are different variation of Points, Lilac, Lynx etc... and they will typically have blue eyes.

The Mink coloration is similar to the pointed, but in a mink, the body color is darker, less of the cream color more a lighter shade of the points, and they will typically have aqua eyes.

LadyZephyr

Lairian
Congrats on your new baby Kitty :)

I'm also useless when it comes to their colours to be honest, Bluebelle is just 'Blue' to me but I would love to know what her actual colour classification would be, especially as she's not completely Blue.

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
awwwwwww congrats on the sphynx kittie to be i bet you are very exited:BigSmile:
i have to say i am very jealouse lol looking forward to seeing all the pic xx

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
From her pictures I'd say Bluebelle is a blue-cream. According to the CFA standard that's blue mottled or patched with cream. Blaze on face desirable. Blue-cream genetically is the dilute version of a tortoiseshell.

miss_gldelx

Lairian
ok, now that we are talking colors here and getting clarification on things, what does thermal mean? I keep seeing that term as well.

gunstreetgirl

Lairian
Congrats! My boy is a seal point, check out my album, I've got quite a few pictures of him :)
I've only got my phone to use as a camera now unfortunatley, so they're not super good quality... But you get the idea!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not an expert on colours but from what I understand, thermals are sphynx kittens that are born white and their colours come in gradually as they grow up.

holly_savage

Banned
I'm not an expert on colours but from what I understand, thermals are sphynx kittens that are born white and their colours come in gradually as they grow up.

You are right. The thermals darken with age...and I think the term is usually associated with a mink...but maybe I am wrong and it applies to other colors???

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thermals are pointed sphynx with blue eyes.
They darken as they get older but in the summer they lighten.
My Wrinkles is a thermal.

Back