Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Getting First Sphynx

JoeDinofrio

Lairian
So I am planning on getting my first Sphynx sometime in June. I know the basics but I was wondering if there was any advice that some of you may have picked up with experience? I also have two cats and I was wondering how I can 'acclimate' them easier? I know to keep my Sphynx in my room away from the others for at least the first 24 hours. Thank you guys so much!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome! How exciting for you! Your life is about to change. There are so many great tidbits in here it is hard to tell you where to start. You can search using key words for specific topics/concerns. I also recommend checking out the Sphynx Cat Help Center section...it is loaded with lots of great info on bathing, nail cleaning etc.

Here is an example form The Sphynx Cat Help Center here on The Lair about introducing a kitten to a home with adult cats.

http://sphynxlair.com/community/thr...ynx-cat-or-sphynx-kitten-into-the-home.11304/

Looking forward to pics and updates!

patti

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and Welcome! You've come to the right place for info on the sphynx. Warning! Sphynx are addictive. It seems like you just can't have one. They steal your heart, you'll will wonder how you ever lived without one in your life. Are you getting a male or female? Have you got a name in mind?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So I am planning on getting my first Sphynx sometime in June. I know the basics but I was wondering if there was any advice that some of you may have picked up with experience? I also have two cats and I was wondering how I can 'acclimate' them easier? I know to keep my Sphynx in my room away from the others for at least the first 24 hours. Thank you guys so much!
Welcome! I would keep everyone apart at least 48 hours if possible and surely until the new kitty visits the vet. @zoinks gave you a great link and there are also some other really useful threads in the help center.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Do you have any pics of your soon to be baby?
Congrats.

JoeDinofrio

Lairian
Thank you all so much! I will post plenty of pictures once I get her. I'm debating between two, Paris and Pandora. They are sisters but Pandora is slightly more brown and has darker seal point than Paris.