Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

getting fuzzier?

KushielsTart

Lairian
Zuul is just over 7 years old, and she's always been almost completely hairless, but in the last two weeks she has suddenly sprouted a ton of hair! Her flanks and tails are fuzz city! We don't mind of course, she's so soft and adorable. But it seems bizarre to me. Could a food change do this?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My boys were born in the early 90s when outcrossing to Devon Rex was the norm so my thoughts may no longer apply to the breed as it is today. During that time it was common that altered cats slowly became fuzzer as they aged due to hormone level changes. My boys' bare spots stayed bald, but areas of light fuzz grew thicker.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie has two small areas on each side of her by her hips that get a lil extra fuzzy at times. Two weeks ago it was nearly gone again,,and now it looks like its striving to come back. lol

sPhYnxMoMmie

Lairian
My Mia gets those same fuzzy spots on her hips they are there one day and the next day the hair would be gone..bizarre!! Our male Jose only gets fuzzier when the weather gets colder! It could very well be the food. We were using Iams at one time and they would always have a fuzz layer (more than usual) and our vet had told us that Iams promoted a strong coat so since we have switched to an all natural it seems to be a bit better.

tessblack

Banned
Tux and Twitch were completely hairless when I got them and then about 3 month later they got fuzzy on hips and tail. Looks like they have mange. It is weird because it will all most go all away and then come back again. It is weird looking but I still love them all the same. I just don't understand why it comes and goes.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My already fuzzy cat looks like a regular cat with mange she has gotten TONS of hair lately. I think it is from the AC.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda is 7 too and has gotten more hair over the past several years. She has little tufts over her hips and up between her shoulder blades. Her peach fuzz is a tiny bit thicker too. I think maybe it's just part of the aging process. She's also gotten a lot more fuzz inside her ears.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mug-Y is 8 (9 in October) and is still as bald as bald can be!! The only place he gets hair is on his ears in the winter...i love the fuzzies though! It looks so cute!

Wonder if it's more prone to aging females than males??

X

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Snuffie has two small areas on each side of her by her hips that get a lil extra fuzzy at times. Two weeks ago it was nearly gone again,,and now it looks like its striving to come back. lol

OMG! That is where George gets his hair! LOL! We call it his "side burns".

Back