Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Getting our baby kitty tomorrow!

NakidSquad4

Lairian
I think I have everything ready for our pick of Genevieve tomorrow! The last time I bought so much or felt this nervous was when I was having my 3 children.

I can't wait to post pictures; although, she looks similar to Winnie who just went to her new home.

The carrier is ready as it her litter box, food bowls and heated bed. Of course, I have a few sweaters washed up as I am in the midwest and anticipate it getting cold this week. I have both wet and dry cat food and realized I need to get her some treats for the car ride, do you think they will make her sick? My teenage daughter is taking the day off school because we're so excited. I also have her bath stuff ready with q-tips, soap, sponge and towel. Am I missing something for bath time?

Please tell me if you think I am forgetting anything.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Genevieve723 welcome to sphynxlair! Only one night till gotcha day. Can imagine you're very excited. It's great your daughter is coming with you to pick her up.

Are you getting the sister of Winnie? Glad both girls found a new forever home.

Can't wait to see gotcha day pics of your girl!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Genevieve723 So excited for your family ! Happy gotcha eve!
I know hearts are going pitter patter with excitement!

Exfoliating gloves are great for spa day
Many of us use them - helps hold slippery kitty too!
Precision qTips (name brand only the cheaper ones I found too sharp) great for gently swirl clean that outer button ear flap

A metal pooper scooper perhaps - lol I kept breaking the plastic ones

A lot of us use 50x60" fleece throw blankets around the house.
You can warm slightly in drier for bonding on gotcha day too :)
As well as a few different scratching post styles /materials
Nail trimmer

Look forward to gotcha day pics and tales!
I didn't give treats when I drove 6 hours with mine .
You can cover the crate on 3 sides with a towel - makes it a comfy cave for napping on the drive home

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! So exiting with a new family member! Arm yourself with lots of patience and tons of love and everything will sort itself out. Keep the lairians close for sticky situations, there's so much knowledge that is freely shared here. Happy gotcha day!

NakidSquad4

Lairian
upload_2018-10-12_11-19-57.jpeg
Here she is!
upload_2018-10-12_11-19-57.jpeg
upload_2018-10-12_11-19-57.jpegupload_2018-10-12_11-19-57.jpeg

Back