Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gilby, Finn, and me :)

corter

Lairian
Hey guys!

I'm Eric, I've been registered here for a while now but just figured I'd put up a post introducing myself and my boys, seems like quite the little community.

So I got my first sphynx, Gilby, a year ago in May. I bought him as a graduation gift/company for myself, as I got out of college and now work from home on my own in Boston. I got him from a friend of a friend who breeds, and she gave him to me for super cheep because he was 4 1/2 months old and no one wanted him. He's a blue tabby I think, his tummy's completely bare and he's got tiger stripes on his belly, tail and paws.I took him, trained him a little, and absolutely love him! He's not the smartest cat in the world, and he's really clumsy, but I wouldn't want him any other way.

3984591743_b1fa1b5570.jpg

4431459320_49a31b4f23.jpg

And today I got my second boy, Finnean. He's about 10 weeks old, and my breeder says he's smoke grey. He looks like he's going to have black paws, and he's got a black snout too. They're from the same breeder, but not brothers. I think Gilby's sister might be Finn's mother, but I'm not sure. Basically, Gilby needed a buddy, as he's really really really attached to me and irritates my roomates meowing when I'm not around. So I called up my breeder, and she picked me out this guy. So far, he's way more calm than Gilby ever was, and way better at eating/using the litter box.

4446226144_46230a70e4.jpg

4445451569_495a174611.jpg

And here's a few of them meeting. Gilby never hissed or anything,took about an hour to warm up to Finn, and they've been running around chasing each other all day. It's kind of funny, because Gilby's around 11 lbs and Finn's maybe 2, but Finn holds his own and chases Gilby across the house.

4446228396_b1453d896e.jpg

4446229104_c26b894b99.jpg

Brooke

Banned
Welcome to the forum, Eric! Your boy Gilby looks a lot like my Walter (who is a brown mackeral tabby.) Congrats on your new addition!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
whoah, he does look like Walter. Welcome to the lair Gilby, Finn, and me.

This is Butterball, my little buddy.

picture.php

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair Corter! What gorgeous sphynx you have, how could nobody want him!!!:ThumbsUp:

corter

Lairian
Thanks so much guys! On the photos- I'm a photographer on the side, I shoot weddings and do some fine art stuff as well. I'm always shooting photos of them, sometimes to finish off rolls of film (because I still shoot film :) ) or just because my cameras are always around.

heres some of the two snuggling last night, they're really hitting it off!... and one of Fin falling asleep in my mom's hood. He's a typical sphynx in that he loves hanging around on peoples shoulders, but he decided to take a little nap last night. He must have been tired from meeting his whole new family!

4447126420_509bd80a5a.jpg

4447128580_6d24f1666f_b.jpg

Annelies

Lairian
Welcome and very nice pics. How have you taken them? My cats wo'n sit still for a moment, so I don't have that quality of pictures of them.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome, Corter! Glad you finally decided to introduce yourself and your handsome little guys! I think you'll find this a wonderful place to be--knowledgeable people, expertly moderated site, and lots of friendship, support and love--people who genuinely share each others' good news and lovingly support each other when we hurt. Add to that a shared love of our wonderful cats, well... it doesn't get much better!
I will echo the great photos sentiment!
Hugs from me and my gang,
Susi

Back