Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gimli got a brother

k9guy

Lairian
Well we wanted to introduce you to Gimli’s new brother, Groot.

He is a 8 month old Sphynx that we got from the same breeder as Gimli. He is getting acclimated very well.

We believe he has a slight skin allergy problem, but we are monitoring it and may ask for suggestions. He has his first visit with our vet next Friday. He is a handsome Blue & cream cow spotted Sphynx.
F2512AF5-EDB9-4387-B0B2-F8362ADD2D02.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy Happy Groot Gotcha! look at those besties! is Gimli going to train him to be a therapy cat too? will he need his own cute bubble back pack? exciting times! hugs n head smooches ..look forward to lots of pics and tales!

Ten

Lairian
Groot has beautiful ears and colouring. What a handsome boy! And Gimli is also super cute. (I love their names by the way, completely awesome!)

I am wondering how old Gimli is and low long the boys started being friends. I am bringing home my second female this week. Both girls are 5 months old, born 10 days apart from the same breeder. They have the same dad but different mum. They were raised together, but I’ve had my existing one at home for a month and now her half-sister is joining us. How did you introduce the boys to each other? How long did it take for them to snuggle up like that? Any issues that you came across? And any advice for what did or didn’t work?

Thanks in advance! Looking. Forward to seeing more Gimli and Groot pictures!

k9guy

Lairian
Groot has beautiful ears and colouring. What a handsome boy! And Gimli is also super cute. (I love their names by the way, completely awesome!)

I am wondering how old Gimli is and low long the boys started being friends. I am bringing home my second female this week. Both girls are 5 months old, born 10 days apart from the same breeder. They have the same dad but different mum. They were raised together, but I’ve had my existing one at home for a month and now her half-sister is joining us. How did you introduce the boys to each other? How long did it take for them to snuggle up like that? Any issues that you came across? And any advice for what did or didn’t work?

Thanks in advance! Looking. Forward to seeing more Gimli and Groot pictures!

Gimli is 3 1/2 years old and Groot is 8 months old, they both came from the same breeder.

We got Groot on a Monday evening and kept him separated from Gimli for the first 4 days. We would let them sniff each other from underneath the door that separated them. We would also feed them at the same time on the opposite side of the door.

We introduced them on the 5th day on the opposite side of a screen door so that they could see each other. We could tell just by there behavior that they wanted to be together so we slowly under supervision watched them interact after that.

Good luck introducing your girls....

Ten

Lairian
Gimli is 3 1/2 years old and Groot is 8 months old, they both came from the same breeder.

We got Groot on a Monday evening and kept him separated from Gimli for the first 4 days. We would let them sniff each other from underneath the door that separated them. We would also feed them at the same time on the opposite side of the door.

We introduced them on the 5th day on the opposite side of a screen door so that they could see each other. We could tell just by there behavior that they wanted to be together so we slowly under supervision watched them interact after that.

Good luck introducing your girls....
Thanks so much. Some great advice!

Back