Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Glenda

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
my poor sweet Glenda, you were only with me for a month but I loved you like id known you forever, I moved heaven and earth to get you from the RSPCA and I would do it all over, I'll never forget that morning, getting ready for work and you sat in your basket all cute, pottering down for your breakfast, FLO spooked you but she didn't mean to, I know she liked to show you she was boss, and now all I can do is re run in my head you all wobbly as I screamed for my mum then you were gone, I know my mum is hurting because she couldn't save you, even though she tried as I begged, I'm sorry I didn't help but your little face was to much for me, I thought you chocked, but I've learnt now you most likely had HCM..I'm sorry I didn't take you to the vets sooner, I just wanted you to settle in first, you had such an upheaval in your four years before you came to me, I fear six letters more than anything now, FIP and HCM I hope my little lucifer will take care of you and keep you company, I'll miss you kissing me and I'm sorry if it was my fault as I feel cursed :( I hope in the month I had you I showed you all the love you deserved and thank you for showing me your love, I miss your little point face and the way you snuffled like a pig, and I just love you with all my heart, sleep tight my little girl, I hope you didn't feel much pain

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.png
    image.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 127

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amy31 , oh sweetie , I am so so sorry for your loss of your sweet friend Glenda.
She knew love because of you..
It's not your fault , it truly is not ...
I know personally as well as other members the devastation HCM can bring ..
We show them love with all our hearts for as long as we can -

Glenda knows you love her beyond measure - you certainly gave her a lifetime of love in your short while together.

She would not have known love without you. Hold tight to those special moments and snuffles.
She would want you to hold tight to the special love amd bond you share forever .

She took that love with her - I am sure Lucifer and my Yoda are together
Pain free and whole sharing stories of the love they knew in this world

Sending you the biggest (((hug))) so so sorry for your loss.
Here for you always ...
Thank you for sharing Glenda's beautiful pictures (((comforting hugs)))

Fly free amd high sweet Glenda

image.jpeg

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 , oh sweetie , I am so so sorry for your loss of your sweet friend Glenda.
She knew love because of you..
It's not your fault , it truly is not ...
I know personally as well as other members the devastation HCM can bring ..
We show them love with all our hearts for as long as we can -

Glenda knows you love her beyond measure - you certainly gave her a lifetime of love in your short while together.

She would not have known love without you. Hold tight to those special moments and snuffles.
She would want you to hold tight to the special love amd bond you share forever .

She took that love with her - I am sure Lucifer and my Yoda are together
Pain free and whole sharing stories of the love they knew in this world

Sending you the biggest (((hug))) so so sorry for your loss.
Here for you always ...
Thank you for sharing Glenda's beautiful pictures (((comforting hugs)))

Fly free amd high sweet Glenda

View attachment 84036
Thank you, I hope so :( I'm devastated I can't stop playing it over in my head, I can't even think straight, thank you for your kind words, much love xxx

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Amy31 We are here for you. You will replay everything in your head it is natural. Honestly you did the best thing for her and not stressing her quickly with scans and probing in the first month. I even encourage members not to do a simple bath for the first 2 weeks until their babies get settled In and trust is built. Both Rescues/re-homed cats take even longer because no one really knows their history. I can’t tell you how to feel, but please know you did the textbook best for Glenda. She knew nothing but your love and gosh to be in a forever home that she got to know what love and trust are is EVERYTHING. If you think about her time with you, she thanked you each and every day with purrs, squinting her eyes, rubs and just wanting to be with you. You gave her the best days...I will bank on that fact.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 We are here for you. You will replay everything in your head it is natural. Honestly you did the best thing for her and not stressing her quickly with scans and probing in the first month. I even encourage members not to do a simple bath for the first 2 weeks until their babies get settled In and trust is built. Both Rescues/re-homed cats take even longer because no one really knows their history. I can’t tell you how to feel, but please know you did the textbook best for Glenda. She knew nothing but your love and gosh to be in a forever home that she got to know what love and trust are is EVERYTHING. If you think about her time with you, she thanked you each and every day with purrs, squinting her eyes, rubs and just wanting to be with you. You gave her the best days...I will bank on that fact.
Thank you, that means a lot, I think just the quickness and shock and the absolute trauma has really shook me, never did I think at 24 years old I would be begging "please save her mummy" to my mum..I just felt like a child, all I can see is her little limp body over and over and over, I hope that will pass soon :( I just hope I could give her a good last month and I'm glad I got her before she may have passed in a cold little igloo in the rescue centre, I just don't think my heart is cut out for these traumatic losses, I feel very broken right now :(

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I bet Glenda would tell you a different story. She would say love another baby like you loved me when you are ready. They will be the lucky ones. They touch our hearts for reason...it might just be to love again. Healing vibes go your way.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I bet Glenda would tell you a different story. She would say love another baby like you loved me when you are ready. They will be the lucky ones. They touch our hearts for reason...it might just be to love again. Healing vibes go your way.
Thank you xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amy31 , here for you as you have been for me ...
They touch are hearts forever - and no matter what , we wouldn't have missed it for the world -
To know ,share and feel that love for a minute , an hour , a day ,a month or years -
It's sphynx love .

May your heart take time to heal and fill with the special moments of cuddles kisses n snuffles

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Amy31 my hearts breaks for you. Glenda was way too young. And you're way too young to have to deal with the loss of Glenda after the loss of Lucifer. Life isn't fair.
Please try to remember you did give Glenda a last great month full of love. The last thing she felt was your love. You are the one who did give her the greatest gift of all: your heart and love.
Don't blame yourself. You took great care of her and did all you could do with the knowledge you have of the health of Glenda. And don't be hard on yourself. Nothing more normal then callimg out for your mom when somethinh like this happens. It's terrible to see your girl dying in front of you. And then nature kicks in and we all cry for our mom. Glad your mom was there.

Big hugs for you!

Natasja

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 , here for you as you have been for me ...
They touch are hearts forever - and no matter what , we wouldn't have missed it for the world -
To know ,share and feel that love for a minute , an hour , a day ,a month or years -
It's sphynx love .

May your heart take time to heal and fill with the special moments of cuddles kisses n snuffles
Thank you so much, it's really a different kind of love, my heart is broken xx

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 my hearts breaks for you. Glenda was way too young. And you're way too young to have to deal with the loss of Glenda after the loss of Lucifer. Life isn't fair.
Please try to remember you did give Glenda a last great month full of love. The last thing she felt was your love. You are the one who did give her the greatest gift of all: your heart and love.
Don't blame yourself. You took great care of her and did all you could do with the knowledge you have of the health of Glenda. And don't be hard on yourself. Nothing more normal then callimg out for your mom when somethinh like this happens. It's terrible to see your girl dying in front of you. And then nature kicks in and we all cry for our mom. Glad your mom was there.

Big hugs for you!

Natasja
Thank you, your words mean a lot, I know in time the guilt will go but I just feel so awful :( I hope she knew how much I loved her xx

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I called to cancel glenda insurance the other day and the lady asked if I wanted to keep flos I said yes, I've just received a condolence letter referring to FLO and they've cancelled hers too :( she's still with me it's horrible to read!!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello there don’t feel guilty !
Feel proud you helped her when she needed help the most and the love you had for each other will never fade from your heart
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amy31 , Geez, give them a call ASAP amd tell them they hurt your heart getting a letter as such-
I got one years ago for the wrong pet too- eerie I know - the good news is the pet they mis named lived a long happy life - so give thst Flo a big head smooch from me!
You have been thru sooo much- stay strong and cuddle on Flo

They should comp you or make an adjustment to Flo's insirance for their poor error !
have you called the company? Did they reinstate Flo?

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 , Geez, give them a call ASAP amd tell them they hurt your heart getting a letter as such-
I got one years ago for the wrong pet too- eerie I know - the good news is the pet they mis named lived a long happy life - so give thst Flo a big head smooch from me!
You have been thru sooo much- stay strong and cuddle on Flo

They should comp you or make an adjustment to Flo's insirance for their poor error !
have you called the company? Did they reinstate Flo?
I've just called and left a message as they are closed for the weekend, the woman I spoke to asked if I wanted to keep flos insurance and I said yes, however they've taken both a payment for FLO and glenda, after I called so I think they've cancelled flos instead of glendas or both!! I'm not sure, it's just come at a bad time as we have an appointment with the vet to see if I can have FLO hcm scanned via my insurance and I'm worried incase it messes everything up :( I'm sorry you had to have this happen to!! It's just such unessasery stress I really don't need right now xx

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh that's awful. Did you call them? They really should be more thoughtful in this situations. Hugs
I've called but they are closed for the weekend, I think they've cancelled flos instead or both I'm not sure as both payments have been taken anyway :(

Back