Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Glomptar & Fuzzbutt

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
I've now had these two lovable, curious adventurers for a little over a week, and it's clear I'm in over my head!

The black one is The Mighty Lord Glomptar, Lord of Naps. He is an Adventure Eater, and has gotten into food he's not supposed to *every day* since I've had him, despite my best efforts!

The adorable white one giving me the death eyes is The Valiant Dame Fuzzbutt, Lady of Naps. She showed up with an ear infection, and resents me for giving her the ear meds.

Very curious little buggers, they were finished exploring and ready to make friends with me in less than 90 minutes after arrival!

Attachments

• 20230912_225119~2.jpg
    20230912_225119~2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230911_220704~2.jpg
    20230911_220704~2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230904_221949.jpg
    20230904_221949.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 34

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NapsAndDreams , welcoming you and adorables Glomptar and Fuzzbutt to the lair family! so glad you joined us! I swear they are cat ,dog , monkey, baby all in one for life. kudos to you for getting ear meds on board. is it healing?

what is their favorite toy? silliest habit?

look forward to lots of pics and tales! nver hesitate to ask questions.

the info center is a great resource of threads as well as the top right search box.

hugs n head smooches.
btw, any other pets? furbabies.. all paws are family

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! Lord and Lady of Naps are both gorgeous. And so cute too. Your intro shows so much love for them, brought a huge smile on my face!

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome, their names really gave me a big smile! love them . As you've probably guessed, your life has now officially changed with those babies around, enjoy the ride x

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
kudos to you for getting ear meds on board. is it healing?
[/QUOTE]
I really have no idea. I should have asked the vet to show me what to look for. Her ears were VERY dirty though, so I suspect the catsitter who had them for the last month never cleaned them out. I still need to watch the How To video i found on here earlier...
[QUOTE="Yoda mom, post: 626004, member: 4352"]
what is their favorite toy? silliest habit?
[/QUOTE]

They've mostly just been burrowing under blankets and chilling out. Glomp adventures in eating things he shouldn't included a giant helping or dry milk powder, while I was sleeping, and his poor tummy has been a mess ever since. Hasn't stopped him from trying to eat every meal I make for myself, though!

I have all the toys from their previous parent, but none of them have batteries in. I just realized today that the dangle-rod is extendable, and Fuzzbutt goes absolutely gaga for it.

She also loves the jingle balls, but they've been in the house for a few days now, so of course I can't find a single one.

Glomp was a runt, and suckles on my neck as a soothing behavior. It's pretty adorable. Fuzz likes to explore. She's always poking her head out of bookshelves and surprising me!

[QUOTE="Yoda mom, post: 626004, member: 4352"]
btw, any other pets? furbabies.. all paws are family
[/QUOTE]

Nope! I had 3 cats in my 20s, but my ex-wife kept them in the divorce. +Grumble+ My best friend fosters for ASPCA, and I was going to adopt one of his fosters, but that one found a Forever Home while I was out of town. They don't allow pets bigger than a gerbil in my building, so when Fuzz & Glomp needed a new home, I applied for an ESA exemption with my building.

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
Okay, this is getting WEIRD now. You know how I've been complaining about how Fuzzbutt won't get on the bed? When they first moved in at the beginning of September, They were so perfectly willing camp out on the bed. Preferably when I wasn't there. But after about 2 weeks, and moving the blanket scented like their old home off my bed, and only Glompy will snuggle me in bed

I can snuggle Pandora while *sitting* on the bed, but if I lie down on it while snuggling her, or if I put her on the bed, she flips out and runs away.

TODAY, I decided enough was enough, and resorted to bribery. I pulled out their favorite treats, and as soon as I walked into the bedroom, they both ran to the cat tree, where I usually hide treats.

AS SOON as Pandora realized that I was going to put the treats on the bed, she freaked out and ran into the living room. Like, absolute panicked scramble away.

I moved my laundry chair close to the foot of the bed, and tried to leave a treat trail up the chair and onto the bed, and then put the puzzle toy on the bed for good measure.

Once again, Glomptar was delighted, Fuzzbutt panicked and ran away.

I eventually got her to climb up onto the bed long enough to eat one treat, but only while I was holding Glomptar.

I still need to try throwing a freshly laundered blanket on the bed to tempt them, since I don't have laundry in my own unit.

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
Oh, and now that I know them better....

Glomptar's silliest habit is that he likes to play fetch with hair ties. He will pick them up wherever he finds them, and plop them down right next to me and patiently wait for me to fling them somewhere. What makes this really amusing is that he is terrible at it! He is the worst fetch player I have ever seen! He loses track of it. He looks in the wrong direction when I throw it. He wanders around the apartment, looking for all the world like I do when I'm retracing my steps to try to find my phone!

I have tethered a hair tie off a ceiling hook using a stray bit of paracord, and it is his second favorite game, which he now only plays when he is exhausted from chasing after the hair ties that he is asked me to throw for him.

Fuzzbutt (aka Pandora, depending on my mood) loves to get dressed! She will pick out which outfit she wants to wear, and bring it to me, sits patiently while I put it on her, and even helps push her head and paws through the holes! (Glomptar acts like a 3-year-old being forced to put on the pants with the itchy tag every time I try to get him into an outfit.)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if maybe someone accidentally once rolled over on them in the bed before you got them. You might look at microwaveable heat pads since you don’t have a dryer.
45e2a4d8240bd09349f8043c30b17a4f.png

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NapsAndDreams , awh.. maybe a warm blanket from the dryer with some high value treats. I did that with my adoptees and taught them "bed time " command. are there any cpack machines, noise machines near the bed?

mine love hair ties.. but...please be cautious.. I have to only use supervised and put in a jar when I cant watch them. they can chew them/ingest .
I am sure the hair tie from the ceiling hook is alot of fun! I would try to rig with so it is removable when you are not home/supervising as it can catch lower jaw , leg, neck stuck on it. they are little rascals.

**mine go nakid now after one of mine got one of their nails stuck on the sweater and nearly fell from a high shelf.
I tried the heating discs that microwave, they can get hot so I had to wrap in a separate towel. I ditched mine. and they really didnt care for it.

I ended up with a warm fleece throw blanket (those 50x60 inch) at the end of the bed or on the other side of the bed where. wont roll on them, a "sleepy time " command and a couple of treats. she just may need some more time from whatever spooked her.

hugs n head smooches, keep us updated, look forward to photos ! such sweet personalities!!

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
I wonder if maybe someone accidentally once rolled over on them in the bed before you got them. You might look at microwaveable heat pads since you don’t have a dryer.

Oooh, that's a good idea. I have a couple of microwavable rice sacks (made from nylons and socks). It would be easy enough to make something like that which is a wider shape.

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
Nearly finished my conversion of an IKEA dresser into a litterbox. The faux middle drawer isn't sitting quite right, and I'm debating what kind of texture I should use to cover the cut edges.

Not visible are the bags of activated charcoal hanging inside along the left interior wall, to help reduce smell. (The real point of this is to give them privacy in an otherwise high traffic area)

I love it enough that I'm thinking about finding something to hide the second litter box.
20231115_012641.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NapsAndDreams wow! you are so talented! looks great! thank you for sharing your wonderful litter box hack. I always look at "litterbox hacks" on google! nice job! thank you for sharing,! for exposed edges perhaps some grey paint in those little bottles at walmart in the craft aisle, about $1 -2 bucks.

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
While playing fetch with Glomptar, I've noticed that he loses track of the toy if I throw it more than a few feet.

And because I'm a neurotic cat daddy, I'm worried that this might mean he has poor vision. Of course, as an indoor cat, I dunno that it matters that much.

Should I mention this to my vet?

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
20231201_123454~2.jpg Pandora slept with me on my bed for the first time!

And then when she got bored, she grabbed a toy and brought it up into the bed and played with it on top of me!!!!

She came running up to me when I took my 3am bathroom run, so I picked her up, held her for a long time, spoke soothing words and very slowly brought her to the bed.

She was purring when I tried to lie down but I could also feel her heart racing. And usually, she freaks out as soon as she gets on the bed, or when she sees Glomptar, but he was sleeping under the blankets. And this time, she stayed!!!!!

And when Glomptar woke up and climbed over her to get to my neck for morning snuggles, she didn't run!

+Dances with joy+

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NapsAndDreams , Melt my heart! a heartwarming precious update. hugs n head smooches to Pandora and Glomptar. they are blessed in your heart and home. definite sphynxie happy dance of joy!

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
Glomptar just binged on kibble (he doesn't like the new Taste of the Wild Lowland Creek, so I have to add a 1/4th cup of the super expensive Hills I/D stuff to it, which they prefer over even canned food). He then came around to the office, promptly threw up, and now Pandora is eating his puke because she would apparently rather eat The Hills kibble covered in his digestive juices, rather than the other stuff.

Back