Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Going outside

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's funny because when I took Meecho out on Saturday I kept slathering her with sun block she looked like she was drowing in it and then Sunday I completely forgot so now she has a little sun burn on her head with little sun bumps. :Pudently: I've been spraying her head with Burts Bees cooling spray in hopes of it healing faster and not cause her any pain. I think she would rather have the pain then the spray though :Laugh:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Really?! I didnt know they can get sunburned from sitting on the window..Mickey loves sitting on the window looking at the birds and it gets really sunny here in Florida....Should I put a little on sunblock on him?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Really?! I didnt know they can get sunburned from sitting on the window..Mickey loves sitting on the window looking at the birds and it gets really sunny here in Florida....Should I put a little on sunblock on him?

You would notice it, we are in NJ and Leo sits in the window and gets A rash instead of A burn, So if you think it is bothering him A bit of babyblock can't hurt.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I havent notice anything yet maybe because he sits on the cat tree next to the window but I will go and buy some! Thanks!:BigSmile:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I always keep an eye on Piglet's ears if she's sitting by a window; if the ears start to look a little red, I'll know she's in danger of getting sunburned and will put some sunblock on her to keep her skin protected.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I always keep an eye on Piglet's ears if she's sitting by a window; if the ears start to look a little red, I'll know she's in danger of getting sunburned and will put some sunblock on her to keep her skin protected.

When I was talking with my vet about the perfect sunblock for Meecho she said to really pay attention to her ears since those could very easily get sun cancer since they are so thin and large. Since I don't like putting sunblock on her whole body I just put it on her head and ears and make sure she is wearing clothing. My dad actually just realized that I make her wear clothes to protect her and not to just torment her :LOL: The fact she looks so darn cutes doesn't hurt either :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
When I was talking with my vet about the perfect sunblock for Meecho she said to really pay attention to her ears since those could very easily get sun cancer since they are so thin and large. Since I don't like putting sunblock on her whole body I just put it on her head and ears and make sure she is wearing clothing. My dad actually just realized that I make her wear clothes to protect her and not to just torment her :LOL: The fact she looks so darn cutes doesn't hurt either :Laugh:

You are such A good Sphynx mommy!:ThumbsUp:

Back