Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Going 'round the bend...

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I had a wake up call today. I'm going to need "special" care in my old age. Let me explain.

To my great disappointment, I have an awful "tin ear" and can't carry a tune to save my life. I have learned to hide my disability well and do not sing in the presence of other people, with the exception of small children who are too young to know better.

I went grocery shopping today and was slowly getting into the "zone". I had my list in hand and was bebopping along the aisles impressed with myself over what great time I was making.

I got up to the poultry case, and out of no where I belted out, "My little butterball, wouldn't go anywhere, without her man..."

I sheepishly looked around and ducked down into the household cleaners.

Not only am I going to need to find an assisted living home that will help me with my Sphynx Lair addiction, but I might have early onset Sphynx dementia.

I don't know how much time I have left.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't feel bad...you're not the only one here who sings silly songs about our sphynx cats! I do it all the time, usually in the privacy of my car but one time I caught myself singing out loud about Piglet and the SL sphynx gang in the restroom at work! Fortunately, I think (hope!) I was alone in there! :Pudently:

Maybe I'm ready for the Altzeimer's ward, too....sigh. :Dizzy:

Bella07

Banned
Oh, I often catch myself singing quietly "My little Butterball..." That tune can be awfully hard to get out of your head......:LOL: But, I have come to realize that I talk way too much about Sphynx cats as well. People are starting to think I'm rather obsessed with them. Wonder why?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Not only did I "sing out loud, sing out strong " in true Sesame Street fashion in the middle of the grocery store, but I'm horrified to admit that I added a jerky air guitar motion at the end. What possessed me, I'll never know. But I hear inhibitions are the first to go with dementia. I sure hope I become one of those loopy loonies you see dancing the community room.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like quite a few of us have a problem with the Sphynx obsession thing. I am still in the closet - but slowly coming out. Dog town here. Don't worry - I can knock out a squirrel 10 yards away with my C note.

And Hey Everybody THANKS for making me laugh - it's a Friday - Yeah!:LOL:

Oh and PS, I woke up with a big HONKIN' stye on my eye this am. I put an ice cube on it, then a cold tea bag then I got into Dinka's eye drops and put a whole bunch of drops on it - That Did The Trick. Thanks Dinks.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back