Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Going to a cat show!

ariena

Lairian
Right after I get off of work at noon, I'll be running over to my local cat show, the SOuthern Dixie Cat Club 09 "KatOberfest" in Mechanicsville, VA. Nothing too huge, has a 225 cat limit. However, if there's any sphynxes (sphinxii?) and their breeders present, be ready to hear all about it, complete with pictures!

Brooke

Banned
Right after I get off of work at noon, I'll be running over to my local cat show, the SOuthern Dixie Cat Club 09 "KatOberfest" in Mechanicsville, VA. Nothing too huge, has a 225 cat limit. However, if there's any sphynxes (sphinxii?) and their breeders present, be ready to hear all about it, complete with pictures!

Very cool! Don't be discouraged if you come across some people that don't want to talk to you... some are super friendly and others can be really snobby! I guess you find that everywhere!

PS - sphinxii...LOL

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very cool! Don't be discouraged if you come across some people that don't want to talk to you... some are super friendly and others can be really snobby! I guess you find that everywhere!

PS - sphinxii...LOL

I completely agree, that was my first impression at my first cat show. However it was an experience I will never forget. I just found another cat show on the 30th that is in Harrisonburg. I'm thinking about taking Meecho but I will need to see how the weather is first. After my last scare I'm more scared to take her out then ever.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I look forward to hearing about it. I want to go to one soon if there are any near me.

ariena

Lairian
Just got back! There was only one Sphynx cattery showing, with two absolutely adorable kittehs, to go with two suuuch friendly breeders! I talked with them for about an hour. They showed me a photo album of their kittens, gave me their card, let me help clean the cats for the showing, and invited me to come look at the cattery some time! I'm uploading some photos of their show cats now. >w<

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I' m glad you enjoyed it, sounds like you really got involved. They sound like they were lovely people and cats!

Back