Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Going to Another Province to Adopt Kitties... Safest Way To Pay?

Nins KittyMommy

Lairian
Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I will probably have to fly to another province (Ontario has a few really reputable breeders) to pick up kitties and take them home with me to Manitoba. I'm wondering what is the safest and fastest for me (and the breeder of course) to pay her. I don't like carrying around 3K in cash, e transfers may be slow and require bank assistance, and I can't order just a single cheque.

If anyone has experience with this, I would LOVE to hear what you did when adopting your baby(ies).

Thanks!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Nins KittyMommy welcome to the lair family. hugs n head smooches. surely members will chime in. glad you are being very careful. keep us updated. ps your avatar pic is adorable? all paws are lair family. keep us updated. here are some helpful threads...

fyi, Western Union is a RED Flag.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. I'm not fromyour country so can't give you advice on ehich money transfer system best to use. Here in the Netherlands I payed with electronic banking. I made the payment in front of my breeder so she could see the money was transferd

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yes I think if you did a transfer or electronic check with the breeder viewing what you were doing that would be ok.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Breeze

Lairian
Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I will probably have to fly to another province (Ontario has a few really reputable breeders) to pick up kitties and take them home with me to Manitoba. I'm wondering what is the safest and fastest for me (and the breeder of course) to pay her. I don't like carrying around 3K in cash, e transfers may be slow and require bank assistance, and I can't order just a single cheque.

If anyone has experience with this, I would LOVE to hear what you did when adopting your baby(ies).

Thanks!
Many years ago I bought a Spyhnx from a breeder in Ontario and I paid by etransfer and she then had the kitten flown to us in Alberta. I made sure she was reputable and had a lot of conversations with her before hand, all went smoothly.

I would do the etransfer again, and make a quick call to your bank to let them know your plans so if your daily etransfer limit is usually not that high it can be for that day for it to go through.

ALyssa Hazler

Lairian
Many years ago I bought a Spyhnx from a breeder in Ontario and I paid by etransfer and she then had the kitten flown to us in Alberta. I made sure she was reputable and had a lot of conversations with her before hand, all went smoothly.

I would do the etransfer again, and make a quick call to your bank to let them know your plans so if your daily etransfer limit is usually not that high it can be for that day for it to go through.
hi breeze! i am just curious what breeder you used! i am looking to get a sphynx and would love advice from someone who has successfully been through it! thank you in advance

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just saw this now, but I can PM you a reputable Ontario breeder if you're looking for a cattery.

Back