Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Going to Pick Up My New Female

susi794

Staff member
My new sealpoint female is arriving at the airport in about two hours! :BigSmile:
She's 7 months old, so am a little more worried about transitioning her into the house than I was with Boo who's just a kitten. I will just try to do it slowly and not create a lot of stress for anyone...am keeping my fingers crossed that it will go well and everyone will get along.
This is the last one I intend to buy for awhile. :Easy-money::Easy-money::(My checkbook sighs a huge sigh of relief...)​

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay how exciting!!! If @ 1st they don't get along I'm sure they will get use to eachother :) I can't wait to c pics of her!!!!

gizmo6370

Banned
Oeh.....exciting news :BigSmile:
Make sure you take i slow...just because you have a mama and kittens in the house....she can see the new kitty as a threat to her litter....

Brooke

Banned
yay! Congratulations!! If it doesn't work out, you just say the word and I'll come take her off your hands...:LOL: Just kidding, I'm sure she'll be great! 7 months is still young. My boy Walter was 2 years old, had never been around any other animals, and still did reasonably well when I brought other cats into "his" house...Can't wait to see photos!!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats
I can not wait to get my next sphynx.
Of course I have to find a good show quality sphynx first.
I would love to see pics of your new girl.
I just time last year I was waiting for Cleo.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thats great, can't wait to see the pics of her, how many sphynx cats do you own now??! Iv'e lost count!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your new girl - that is so exciting. Can't wait to see and hear all about her!

susi794

Staff member
Thats great, can't wait to see the pics of her, how many sphynx cats do you own now??! Iv'e lost count!

Hmmm...let's see: Moody, Habibi, Othie Marie, Dulcinea, Mabel, Pruney, Boo, Lulu and the two babies--that makes 10! OMG! I have 10 cats! I have officially become the crazy cat lady. :LOL:

susi794

Staff member
On being the crazy cat lady? :LOL:
I think there's something in the water....or maybe in the air...but I hear them all meowing my name....."Let me come live with you," they say, "What's just one more?" :Wink:

Brooke

Banned
On being the crazy cat lady? :LOL:
I think there's something in the water....or maybe in the air...but I hear them all meowing my name....."Let me come live with you," they say, "What's just one more?" :Wink:

They are very loud, I can hear them, too.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My new sealpoint female is arriving at the airport in about two hours! :BigSmile:
She's 7 months old, so am a little more worried about transitioning her into the house than I was with Boo who's just a kitten. I will just try to do it slowly and not create a lot of stress for anyone...am keeping my fingers crossed that it will go well and everyone will get along.
This is the last one I intend to buy for awhile. :Easy-money::Easy-money::(My checkbook sighs a huge sigh of relief...)​

Congrats!!!! 7 months is a great age!Have you thought of a name yet?

susi794

Staff member
Better than I expected, but she has a little bit of the sniffles from the flight and I don't want it to get out of control, so brought her to the vet for a check up and he gave us some antibiotics for the sneezing. Thanks for asking about her--that was nice of you!

susi794

Staff member
Thanks....seems like I'm always at the vet for something or other....and I'm very fortunate in that mine are all very healthy--but I just finished an expensive month--almost everyone was due for their annual vaccinations, plus had a new litter for baby shots, plus got the two new additions to the family--LOL--my vet LOVES me.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like me.
I am always at the vet.
I took Cleo and Wrinkles for a shot today.
Wrinkles needs 1 more shot still.
Then all go all the tome to get Cocos CRF meds.
The fluids I order online.
I hope your cat feels better.

susi794

Staff member
LOL. cant wait to see pics of the new kitty!!

I posted pics of her (Lulu) already--the thread was called something like she's arrived or she's finally here or something like that....or I made her an album--"Meet Lulu" I think that's what I called it.
I think she's so very pretty--but she's a little pill. I cam home tonight and out the door she ran--right into about a foot of snow! She changed her mind and turned around and came back into the house....but that kind of behaviour had better stop--it's good I noticed she darted out--might've had a kittysicle if I hadn't noticed....as it was already dark out.
She sle;pt with me again last night and jumped in the bathtub with me this morning. She's a real little lover girl....but she's a brat. She doesn't mind when I tell her "No!" and she gets into everything! Then she ****s her little face to one side and mews sweetly at me and I just melt. Before I know it, I'm hugging and kissing her and all the knocked down stuff is forgotten about. (I'm such a chump!)

Back