Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

*GoldHazel's favorite sphynx TOY list*

Catzzzmeow

Staff member

I wisely moved it to the kitchen so I can watch her and look...another ear bites the dust and she is going for the other one...lol. Gotta love her.

Patti

Tomfoolery

Lairian
We have "cat TV" at my house..... there's a hummingbird feeder outside the window where the big cat tree is. The only problem is cats flinging themselves at the window trying to get at the hummingbirds.

My cats all love the spring toys, and ping pong balls on the hardwood floors.

Another big hit is catmint -- it's a very attractive perennial, related in some way to catnip. You buy a small pot of it at Home Depot, and it grows into a huge bush that returns every year (and is in fact rather weed-like, once you have it in your yard it's hard to get rid of). I have a huge bush of it outside (the ferals like it too!). Periodically I just cut off a branch or two and bring it inside. The cats have a marvelous time as they reduce it to shreds.
catmint.jpg

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Great looking toys. I'll keep my eyes open for the ones we don't have. Right now my kitty is playing with the wooden spoon I use to fish her toys out from under the fridge and stove!

meandmytwo

Lairian
Great looking toys. I'll keep my eyes open for the ones we don't have. Right now my kitty is playing with the wooden spoon I use to fish her toys out from under the fridge and stove!
@Annejo12
Haha that's funny. Mine too!
I swear they "lose" their toys under the furniture just to watch me down there fishing them out with the wooden spoon. And while I'm doing so they get in the line of the spoon to play with more than the toys.

Mousemumma

Lairian
The springs and the tunnel are huge hits, but best of all? The box of course, any old box will do. We have a phrase in our home,
"If it fits, then Sphynxies sits"!
Oh and these weird little fish that have catnip on called stinkies! They come in a tin like an old tobacco tin and my cats love them, get stoned, roll around and then run around with them in their mouths. Gives the humans great fun watching too. Mine love to carry in their mouths and paddle toys, and hide.
The crinkle tunnel is an absolute favourite. I got stink eye for a week when I had to throw the old one away as the wire had come through. The minute the new one arrived, one very happy cat

carakitty

Lairian
I love these suggestions, and we've had a few over the years for our furry cats. These days I don't spend money on toys anymore. Aurora doesn't really play much. Wooter is thrilled to pieces with her milk rings and drinking straws, LOL. She also was having fun with the seal strip from the Litter Genie refill the other day too. One person's trash is the other cat's treasure! *shaking my head*

I wonder if I fired up the laser toy again if she would show interest in that?