Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

*GoldHazel's favorite sphynx TOY list*

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amy Ritchison , one more to add -
I ask for a paperbag with my groceries :) amd but s box of straws
Fold the bags opening bsck amd toss in a straw or toy for hours of fun
Them toss the bag whem all done

ping pong balls (fun in a dry bath tub too)

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Amy Ritchison , one more to add -
I ask for a paperbag with my groceries :) amd but s box of straws
Fold the bags opening bsck amd toss in a straw or toy for hours of fun
Them toss the bag whem all done

ping pong balls (fun in a dry bath tub too)

@Yoda mom toys in the dry Jacuzzi is always a big hit here. Especially the tiny tennis balls or their springs and jacks listed in my favorite toys. Simon's favorite is a simple Q-Tip. I refuse to ever give him one at night. LOL I need to sleep more than three hours LOL! They all love paper bags and plastic straws are always fun. It was a favorite of Buddy's (my big orange tabby that I got when I was 15 years old. He lived a long time :) ). By the way, I always take some of the cotton off the ends of the Q-Tip first. I don't want them to have a mouth full of cotton or choke on it as it gets loose while playing.

The ping pong balls sound like fun, but I'd be afraid that the kitties or my dogs would choke.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel this is a amazing idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Amy Ritchison thank you, it truly was a lifesaver for me. Now I put it on often for them all to play before I come up for the night. (They go upstairs before I do to get their snack and watch t.v. while they are settling down). LOL They like HGTV a lot just like their mommy.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pingpong balls are great. Especially at 3am, on hardwood floors, and most definitely under the bed.

Also, another alternative to catnip: Valerian root. (Baldrian)
Over here you get lots of those toys. And uh...when I was a kid, we ummmm....sprayed Valerian all over the neighbors doorstep.... *cough*
Didn't think that through though, because the ensuing cat concert kept everyone awake lol.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Silke when I was in my teens, my boyfriend David didn't have a car. He had a long walk to my house and back home whenever he came over to visit in the evenings. I had a huge red and white striped tabby at the time and David would tell me that on his way home from my house, he would encounter many cats along his walking route. (Keep that in the back of your mind):

One particular night David announced that he was tired and going to leave my house much earlier than usual. I was annoyed and protested. He didn't care! I got really, really annoyed at that point and picked up my cat's can of cat nip spray and saturated his jeans around the crotch area only so he'd have a wonderful walk home that evening! {Snickering!!!}

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh okay, that's more evil than dousing the neighbor's doorstep.... I think. LOL

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GoldHazel , for Batman amd Yodas 6 th Bithday this month I bought them the Frolicat laser toy

They enjoy it :) for a few minutes each day

I do wish it moved a little faster to keep them interested longer

It's nice that the angle can be changed to go on the floor and wall at deferment heights.

Batman likes the pet stages tower for a few wacks by the crinkle tunnel at night

Where do you get home jacksJumoijg jacks!
My Claire Bare would love fetch amd catch on the bed with those jacks

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yoda mom my babies love that Frolicat Laser toy, they never lose interest. It runs for approx. 15 minutes and that's not enough time for them to lose interest. LOL What I really like about it (among other things), is that it not predictable to them. The laser will go in all different random pattern on it's own.

The Pet Stages Tower is great. I found those Jacks in my local supermarket in the pet isle.. I'm going to have to remember to check if they still sell them because there are two newer owners since I last bought them there. If they still have them, do you want me to pick up a few packages for you?

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I ordered this super cheap one off ebay just for kicks but the cats are actually crazy for it, it has an elastic instead of the usual string making it really easy to bounce/whip around and the way it moves really gets the cats excited and bouncing all over the place trying to catch it (I got the mouse one). I'll try to get a video of them later Funny Kitten Play Length Interactive Toy Cat Teaser Wand Pet Mouse Ball New

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Mal ...Da Bird seems to be a hit on almost all of our favorite toys to talk about. It is amazing how they go wild...lol. You will have to share a pic of Pete in action.

Patti

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@GoldHazel Thank you so much for this list! We have actually decided to get another nakid! We have been missing Yoshi and Neboo soooo much. We have interviewed several breeders over the last month or so and finally chose one! Since Yoshi and Neboo were much older when we got them, they were never interested in toys....we tried several but NOTHING! This time we are going for a baby from a breeder and I have already started a list from the readings on this site and this is one that has been very helpful! So thank you again :kiss:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Toa and Ross. Yes it is. She is a beast though. This is the second one. The first she bit the ears off of and then eventually pulled the string off...lol. It is a supervised toy due to the string and her...lol. It definitely helps to tire them out and fixate on it so we do less lol.

Back