Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gollum Losing Appetite?

gollumthesphynx

Lairian
Hi everyone!

Gollum seems to be losing his appetite. He didn't seem that excited to eat today. Usually, he's all over me around 3-4 PM, but I didn't feed him until 6... and he wasn't enthusiastic for his food. He would usually come running to the bowl as soon as he hears the kibble touch the bowl. But this time he just stayed in bed. He walked over to the food and had a few bites, then walked away.

I just introduced a heated bed for him? Could this be the issue?

Otherwise, everything seems pretty normal.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Lol heck yes that could be the issue. Rofl. (I’m laughing at your cat not you). He’s loving that heat and hot all relaxed! I’d bet it doesn’t last more than a few days and he’ll be back to normal.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
In the unlikely case it is unrelated to the bed and he’s still doing it by Thanksgiving we can chat about encouraging eating and maybe seeing a vet in case he’s unwell. But I really doubt that’s the case. My girl did the same thing with her beds.

gollumthesphynx

Lairian
In the unlikely case it is unrelated to the bed and he’s still doing it by Thanksgiving we can chat about encouraging eating and maybe seeing a vet in case he’s unwell. But I really doubt that’s the case. My girl did the same thing with her beds.

Hahah amazing!

Okay sounds good. He ended up finishing his bowl.

I was just so surprised he didn't come running per usual.

Sheldon13

Staff member
He’s just cozying into his new favorite spot! Give him a couple of days.

pussiette

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@gollumthesphynx it sounds like things are a bit off and I’d trust your gut. If in doubt take for a checkup and try tempting with other foods short term. Sounds like he’s off color.