Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gone but not forgotten Gizmo

KhaosKatze

Lairian
Its been a while since I posted. Last night I had to do the most painful and hardest thing ever. As a cat mom and sufferer if depression and chronic illness my precious Donskoy Gizmo was a joy and huge part of my life and my husbands. I adopted him through a rescue site from a owner needing to rehome him and he was just over a year old.
IMG_20171102_184616_639.jpg
He was bon on 22 November 2010 and died 02, November 2017. Just 20 days shy of 7 years old he lost his life to cancer. We had about 5 years with this beautiful creature. The pain is beyond anything. It comes on the heels of the death of my grandfather 26th October also from cancer.

The bills for the vet, Gizmo and his cremation have also made Christmas not only emotionally impossible to celebrate but financially. We are seeking help from family and friends to order a cuddle clone to memorialize our precious baby. I can not stop crying. My heart is shattered. Today we will take the remains to be cremated. I will miss his big blue eyes. He always wanted to be with us. We had a chair between ours so he could sit between us while we were on our computers. He slept every night between us. I am com pletely lost right now
20170615_134953.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheldon13

Staff member
Bless you, it is so sad to hear of Gizmo’s passing. I’m really glad you had each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So sorry for the loss of Gizmo. Gizmo was loved beyond. You were there for him at the time he needed you the most and he felt your love untill the end. Big hugs.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KhaosKatze , oh sweetie I am so sorry your friend Gizmo got his angel wings .
He only knew your love
We are here for you (((comforting hugs)))

Fly high sweet ^Gizmo^
You touched hearts forever

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
-from poem for cats
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry for my late reply , I will put you in my prays and your gentle gizmo , he is now across the rainbow bridge ,
I hope the pain of your hurt eases soon but you will never totally go
Massive hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx

KhaosKatze

Lairian
Thank you all. I am trying my best to cope. I am making his urn.

We are talking about finding another when we are ready but it will be daunting. I do not like going to breeders and shopping and got lucky I found and adopted Gizmo and he was given to me for free which I did not expect. These cats are rarely up for adoption or rescue in Germany so chances are if we want another hairless companion we will have to save up to buy one. Still right now the void in my heart and life are too great. I am severely lonely. My husband works long hours so i barely see him. I am depressed and bedridden wrapped in Gizmos favorite blanket. I feel like I lost my own child. Cancer has robbed me of one of the few that I love and brought me joy and comfort.

Attachments

• 20171107_203916.jpg
    20171107_203916.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 75

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so, so sorry to hear you lost Gizmo. :(
If it weren't such a horribly long way from Leipzig to Passau, I'd say come down a while and hang out with my girls (and the horsey boys) and get away from it all for a few days.
Just holler if you want to.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss of Gizmo. He was lucky to have you as his family. May the memories help to comfort you during this difficult time. (((hugs)))

Traci Smith

Lairian
Truly just “sucks” the loss is unquenchable. I hope the days get easier and the reminders are less painful and more joyful. As another woman whose husband works long hours and had many nights just me and Giza —- I hope the couch and tv shows you both shared become less lonely, and beds won’t have so much extra room. It will get better, for me the loss is only helped by knowing that her illness the day we went into the vet was the human equivalent to someone who would need dialysis 3 times a day and would still feel terrible. I couldn’t possibly ask her to endure anymore “for me”. She is so much happier and I look forward to those face smooches and greasy rubs when it is my time to revisit her. Our thoughts are with you, be strong, be in nature and see some beauty and share in the thought that a day will come when you get those cuddles again.
a5e8b7a4805ef97ba9a50d140b288d8b.jpg
9d8cf76245c8a9c7ef546164b36e2146.jpg

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Truly just “sucks” the loss is unquenchable. I hope the days get easier and the reminders are less painful and more joyful. As another woman whose husband works long hours and had many nights just me and Giza —- I hope the couch and tv shows you both shared become less lonely, and beds won’t have so much extra room. It will get better, for me the loss is only helped by knowing that her illness the day we went into the vet was the human equivalent to someone who would need dialysis 3 times a day and would still feel terrible. I couldn’t possibly ask her to endure anymore “for me”. She is so much happier and I look forward to those face smooches and greasy rubs when it is my time to revisit her. Our thoughts are with you, be strong, be in nature and see some beauty and share in the thought that a day will come when you get those cuddles again.
a5e8b7a4805ef97ba9a50d140b288d8b.jpg
9d8cf76245c8a9c7ef546164b36e2146.jpg

@Traci Smith those words touched my heart deeply ! I hope they send comfort to gizmo’s mum and dad
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx

Back