Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
so! I feel like I'm over posting at the moment and feel like an over protective crazy, but I enjoy having fellow cat mums and dads reassurance and now more than ever I need it! Upon discussions with my vet about the use in ketamine and my not being to happy with the discussion I have rung round and had a very helpful talk with a lovely man, and found somewhere that doesn't use it, and hasn't in previous places he's worked, from what I've read on the website they are looking for a receptionist so I didn't have to go through the middle man! Anyway, I am going to be booking my baby in next week for the big snip and even the thought turns my stomach, I have worked myself up so much over all this ketamine thing to the point of making up wild senorios in my head ie: he has no ketamine written on his file but the nurse administering it could fall and break a leg and so someone else comes in) I know..any way basically I just need some words of wisdom and past snips storeys (good) to boost my confidence! If you all don't mind? Also he's up to date with jabs but what other jabs other than boosters would you guys recommend? As I've read all different things, he is in a multi cat and dog household all of which bar him go outside (UK) he does go out but obviously under strict supervision! TIA and so sorry for rambling!

Attachments

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I must add I've never had this fear with my furrys as I've never really done much research into it (smack on the wrists) I just feel with the breed it's probably more of a problem?

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Your can't over post, we all know exactly how you feel.
Well, first, as long as he's up to date on his shots, he fine.
I would make sure, when you take him in for the Neuter, that I tell them again
about not using the Ketamine.
That should take care of it. Have them call you as soon as it's over. Or wait
if you can. It will be alright. I will pray for your baby and you.
Just be sure to let us know how he is after.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Your can't over post, we all know exactly how you feel.
Well, first, as long as he's up to date on his shots, he fine.
I would make sure, when you take him in for the Neuter, that I tell them again
about not using the Ketamine.
That should take care of it. Have them call you as soon as it's over. Or wait
if you can. It will be alright. I will pray for your baby and you.
Just be sure to let us know how he is after.
Yes I'm going to tell them again and again when he goes, but I feel much better knowing they don't use it :) thank you very much! I will be sure to update, I will most likely wait as well haha no matter how long it takes, I had him micro chipped the other day and had abit of a break down at the noise he made!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Amy31 A member on here took blueberries and stained the words no ketamine on her cat to make sure the vet did not forget. We never thought she was crazy, so we certainly do not think you are knowing how much you care for your baby's health.

patti

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31 A member on here took blueberries and stained the words no ketamine on her cat to make sure the vet did not forget. We never thought she was crazy, so we certainly do not think you are knowing how much you care for your baby's health.

patti
What a perfectly brill idea!! Blueberries at the ready! You can never be to careful over your baby, he is my cat child haha