Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Good News, Everyone! Moving to CA!!

RyuusMom

Lairian
I think this is the right spot for a post like this.
Mostly I wanted to share the good news. It's currently 5am and I can't sleep. So ima post.

We got a great opportunity to move to California. Santa Barbara area. Maybe something like a 40-50 mile radius?

Anyways.

So we been struggling big time. After Ryuu got sick, passed away, and I was in the hospital and then laid up in bed for a month, our finances were just drained. I had to decline two commissions (I knit scarves, hats, fingerless gloves, pet and baby sweaters... The list goes on), because I just couldn't work on them. I had a spinal tap and my headaches lasted a month. And I am still having issues and its been since August. I'm currently seeing a dr about it.

Anyways. So we've been scraping by. I've been desperately trying to collect donations through my blog. I can't do it through Facebook because I have friends and family who just wouldn't understand.

And this just feels like a huge break! We have a long way to go. I mean it isn't an end all be all to our money issues. But it's a start. I really feel like this will be a good step in the right direction.

I wanna really get going with my business. And actually one day make it an official business. An sell knitted, crochet, and sewn items like full time. I also wanna get my license, and look into maybe art school. I really need to start planning and look into medical stuff too. Look into good doctors and insurance, and then getting on disability. Because I can't work. I have a huge list of health issues. I'm not on disability now because of Crappy doctors and inconsistent insurance. Bleh. I don't wanna lay in my room anymore. But my illnesses prevent me from getting a real job. So I gotta figure out a game plan.

I mean I wanna do all this stuff. But anxiety and stuff gets in the way. I've come a long way with my anxiety. Finally doing it at my own pace, instead of trying to listen to others about it. What works for one doesn't work for all and I had to do it in my own time. Because that's how I work. And once I started standing my ground about it, the better i got.

It helped that I found a band I really liked. And it has members who I can relate to a lot. Their music and their personable personalities were key in my takin the steps I have.

Anyways. So California it is, for my weird family unit.

• Me, the roommate of five years.
• Female Roommate 1 and Male Roommate 1, the married couple She often tells people we are sisters. They are like family to me.
• Male Roommate 2 who is also Female Roommate 1's boyfriend. Lol their relationship is separate from her and Her husband. She's polyamorous.
I'm not with anyone in this. It's a weird dynamic. But it works.

We also have 5 potbellied pigs. They are FR1 and MR1's pets, but I'm the pigs's Auntie lol.

And I have ZahZah, my Canadian Hairless.

We have a darn zoo! Lol

Oh and MR2 has 4 kids who will be visiting us during the summer. Full freaking house, I tell you what.

I am super happy.

In the next two post, I'll share pics of the pets. I have to break it up because tapatalk only allows three images per post. And there's 5 to share lol :)

RyuusMom

Lairian
Muta and ZahZah
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385030605.120822.jpg

Pickle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385030633.234251.jpg

Vinnie
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385030661.362291.jpg

RyuusMom

Lairian
Oh yeah! Anyone from this area? Know any good vets in this area? How about doctor's offices?

We aren't gonna know anyone once we get there. It'd be nice to talk to a few folks and maybe organizes a coffee day or something with some local friends :) once we get settled I mean.

Oh yeah. We are shooting for January 2014. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, i had to read your post twice just to make sure I "got it" all...lol. Bottom line I am happy to hear you are so excited about your upcoming move and the ability to get back on your feet!

Patti

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well it certainly sound like you have a great plan layed out, I wish I knew you made stuff I would have commissioned you to make sweaters for my sphynx family. maybe when you get settled and feel 100%. Your business can do great in CA it's such a artsy place. Best of luck to you.

Christina

Last edited by a moderator:

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow , good luck with the Move and hope all goes well for you. Glad your Roomates all move with you, so you have each other thats a good thing too.
Love your piggies :) so cute !

RyuusMom

Lairian
Thank you thank you!!! I just love this site. So much support!

^_^

This new adventure is a little scary, but with such an amazing support system, both in real life and online, I should be fine. :)

I am looking forward to warmer winters!
Oh. And we will be getting a puppy, a Great Pyrenees (has to be a particular breed because of temperament and allergies of one of my roommates) but that will come much later. We will have the space and will start a very small pig rescue. Ironwood is in Arizona and I look forward to visiting there (pig sanctuary).

I am uber excited!!! ^_^ with the added space, we may expand our hairless cat family as well. But all in good time. Who knows. I just have a feeling that this new chapter will bring bigger and better things! ^_^

Ryuu has passed on. I miss him every waking moment. But I know he's watching over me as I prepare to go on this new adventure. I only wish I could have shared it with him in person. He'd have loved California! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuusMom

Lairian
Wow I made this post a lifetime ago!
Since this post, we moved to CA, fought and lost a zoning case, moved back to MI after being homeless in CA for several months. Our family unit split up, and two of my roommates divorced, and one remarried. I got dumped by my cheating ex, and now I live back with two of my previous roommates (the two that married). I’m now a god-mom, and I help coparent kids. My one roommate, I call my sister, now. I actually co-own a house with her and her husband. (He’s the guy that moved us to CA in the first place)... anyways. Yeah that was super complicated.

ZahZah is going strong and has arthritis. She is turning 7 in July. I still miss Ryuu with my whole heart and soul. It’s crazy to me that he’s been gone for 7 years, this August. Doesn’t feel that long.

Now we run an animal Sanctuary in Jackson, MI, and as soon as we can we will file for official non-profit status (we were going to and then everything shut down and a lot of things are backed up)... we now have 6 cats total, 5 pigs (Only Vinnie and Sophie are left from the original herd - Pickle passed in CA, Muta and Bubbie passed of old age. Muta in 2018, and Bubbie this year.), 3 rescue tarantulas, 1 tortoise, and 1 dog. All the new additions are rescues.

I need to be more active here! I miss the site. ❤

Sheldon13

Staff member
Crazy update! I’m glad you were able to keep your sweet Sphynx during all that.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Back